Having Anxiety over PIO

stellagirl

Reaction score
:nope:

A little backstory: After 5 unsuccessful years of TTC, we started our IVF Journey in March. It didn't take. To say I was crushed would be an understatement. I developed anxiety from just being overall depressed by the whole ordeal. IVF just emotionally drained me.

:sad2:

We finally mustered up the courage to start our FET cycle. We have 3 5Day Frosties and will be Implanting one on 11/30. Now, I start the PIO shots tonight and I am TERRIFIED. Are they really that bad? I feel like I keep finding the bad stories and not the good ones? I find myself asking if I can "really do this?" It was so much easier the first time because I was so hopeful… and I didn't have to do PIO. I feel like my anxiety has gotten the best of me and now I'm just fearful of everything.

Did anyone else feel like this or am I just a wimp? :(

I can tell you one thing that at the end when you get a BFP the shots are so worth. Don't think about it much, its little painful I know. I was taking it for 4+ months everyday. After taking the shots I used to take cold compression for 15/20 mins and then hot compression for sometime and it did reduce my pain a lot. You can try that it worked for me. Wishing you all the best for FET cycle.

Also I had lost all hope of getting a BFP, I did not have any symptoms during my TWW and told my DH it was BFN. Did not have the courage to take a pregnancy test and was planning to join a gym. Went directly for a beta and it was around 2000. I was totally shocked. So never lose hope, if it can happen to me it can happen to you.

The anxiety over the first shot is the worst. Once the first one is done, it's not as bad as you were making it out to be. Not to say that you'll want to jab yourself again the next day, but just getting that first one out of the way is the worst. I swear, even though I had done it before with my fresh IVF cycle and knew it wasn't as bad as I was thinking it still took me a few minutes the first time my last FET cycle to get the first jab done.

It may take a few days to find your sweet spot, but don't be discourage. I was originally doing it to high and not center enough. Once I found my spot, I had very limited bruising (not even every time) and no pain afterwards.

I've heard a lot of women ice the area before hand. You only need to get the top layer of skin numb as once you break the skin, then you normally (at least I didn't) feel the needle anymore.

I was terrified. My husband was worse and was of virtually no help.

I did my own and found the belly injectables worse. Watching youtube videos on placement and drawing an actual circle helped tremendously. The only time mine really hurt is if I injected too high or too low.

Becoming pregnant with twins and having a history of preterm labor I continued on with PIO as a preventative therapy starting at 17 weeks. My boys turned one last Saturday. I realize it sounds super cliché but it really is completely worth it in the end. I'd do it all over a million times for them and not think twice about it.

You ladies are seriously the best! I don't even know what I would do without all of you and your encouragement. :) This journey is just such an emotionally draining one but I'm learning to start taking it one step at a time.

I'm currently one week into the shots and I feel like they get easier and easier each time. Icing, massaging, and a simple heating pad definitely helps! I had my transfer this past Monday and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will work out for us this time around. :kiss:

Again, I genuinely thank you ladies for your encouraging words and stories – and of course… your tips! :hugs:

I was terrified. My husband was worse and was of virtually no help.

I did my own and found the belly injectables worse. Watching youtube videos on placement and drawing an actual circle helped tremendously. The only time mine really hurt is if I injected too high or too low.

Becoming pregnant with twins and having a history of preterm labor I continued on with PIO as a preventative therapy starting at 17 weeks. My boys turned one last Saturday. I realize it sounds super cliché but it really is completely worth it in the end. I'd do it all over a million times for them and not think twice about it.
Happy Belated Birthday to your boys! :) Did you transfer 2 embies or were they a split?

The anxiety over the first shot is the worst. Once the first one is done, it's not as bad as you were making it out to be. Not to say that you'll want to jab yourself again the next day, but just getting that first one out of the way is the worst. I swear, even though I had done it before with my fresh IVF cycle and knew it wasn't as bad as I was thinking it still took me a few minutes the first time my last FET cycle to get the first jab done.

It may take a few days to find your sweet spot, but don't be discourage. I was originally doing it to high and not center enough. Once I found my spot, I had very limited bruising (not even every time) and no pain afterwards.

I've heard a lot of women ice the area before hand. You only need to get the top layer of skin numb as once you break the skin, then you normally (at least I didn't) feel the needle anymore.
Oh man! The icing is such a lifesaver… I don't think I could do without at least a little numbing. ;) Also, just read your ticker – congrats on expecting twins!!! Did you transfer 2 embies?

I can tell you one thing that at the end when you get a BFP the shots are so worth. Don't think about it much, its little painful I know. I was taking it for 4+ months everyday. After taking the shots I used to take cold compression for 15/20 mins and then hot compression for sometime and it did reduce my pain a lot. You can try that it worked for me. Wishing you all the best for FET cycle.
Thank you so much for your encouraging words! Congrats on almost meeting your little one!!! You're so right – the shots seem to really get much easier with time. Plus – it'll all be worth it when the little one arrives! :)

Happy Belated Birthday to your boys! :) Did you transfer 2 embies or were they a split?

We transferred the only two viable ones we ended up with, and I'm so very glad we did :cloud9:

Glad to hear you're knocking them out! Best of luck to you!!!

Oh man! The icing is such a lifesaver… I don't think I could do without at least a little numbing. ;) Also, just read your ticker – congrats on expecting twins!!! Did you transfer 2 embies?

I did transfer two. They just had their anatomy scan today and already weighing 'heavy' for their age. My 19 week email update said they should be weighing around 8.5 oz. They measured around 11oz and are looking good.

We transferred the only two viable ones we ended up with, and I'm so very glad we did :cloud9:

Glad to hear you're knocking them out! Best of luck to you!!!
So happy for you! :) Thank you for the luck – I'll take all I can get! ;)

Wow! That's so wonderful! Sending lots of positive vibes your way! :)

I did transfer two. They just had their anatomy scan today and already weighing 'heavy' for their age. My 19 week email update said they should be weighing around 8.5 oz. They measured around 11oz and are looking good.
Wow! That's so wonderful! Sending lots of positive vibes your way! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->