Having tests done

Princess baby

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Well i've still not had my period and i'm now 12 days late but not pregnant :(

I went the doctors on Monday, felt quite positive. Saw a nice doctor and spoke like i was pregnant and it was so nice :cloud9: Talked of what i shouldn't eat and how i should book an app with the midwife once my pregnancy is confirmed. So he told me to wee in a cup and get it sent to the hospital. In the morning i did a test myself just to see the :bfp: and there wasn't one :nope: I got sad and decided there wasn't much point in sending a sample to the hospital (regret that now)

On Monday night me and O.H :sex: and it hurt quite a bit and there was some blood. This has happened before so in the morning i booked an app with the doctors again.
This doctor (a different one to Mondays) was an absolute cow :growlmad: she spoke to me like a piece of crap, when i told her about the pain and bleeding and missed period she just said to leave it a few months and that was it? No advice, no checkup. She even spent a good 5 minutes reading all my appointment history!
I was quite upset with this and o.h was pissed off! So we booked another app with a different doctor.

Saw her yesterday and O.H came in with me. I told her exactly what i told the second doctor, she did a examination. It was so painful i nearly started crying :cry:
So she is now going to take some swabs etc. She doesn't think i'm pregnant but has asked me to send a sample to the hospital anyway, just so we can be sure. I sent that this morning and will get those results on Monday or Tuesday so then we can go from there :)

But, when we were in the doctors my O.H was looking at the screen as the doctor was and saw a comment written by the second doctor, it said
'Is only 19 and husband is 32'
Why 'only' 19? And i really don't think it matters how old my O.H is?

I'm, so nervous about the swabs, it hurt so bad when she did the examination.
But at least something is being done. :happydance:

Glad to hear something is being done and sorry to hear what an experience you've had!

It is wholly inappropriate to put a comment like that on file.....especially considering you can now request to see any data they hold on you. I think considering the measures this last doctor has taken, I would be tempted to make a complaint or at least stick something in their suggestion box, as obviously that other doctor wasn't bothered about doing anything!

I hope you get this sorted soon :hugs:

I think you can report the doctor for that comment - doctors aren't supposed to pass their personal opinions - its disgusting.

While I don't think it will mean much more than a reprimand, it will be filed with the medical council and could follow her career - also, it might bring her up a bit short, and make her think next time.

Sorry to hear your having trouble - hope everything feels better soon, and here's to a speedy :bfp:

May i say my pregnancy result said i was not pregnant but i was and my friends took a test sad she wasnt and she was dnt mean to get your hopes but you still could be x

Sorry that you had to go through so many appointments to finally get something done about it all. Sometimes doctors can be so rude and they don't think there is anything wrong with it. I had my first son when I was 18 and got a huge lecture from the doc about where I went wrong in my life! WHATEVER!!!

Hopefully all turns out well!! Good luck and keep us posted!

My O.H said about putting a complaint in writing but i don't know? I never complain, lol, i'm such a wimp!
Even as i walked out of the appoinment, i said 'thank you'!?

Think i might just speak to the practice manager when i go in next week. Explain what happened and ask to not have to see that doctor again.

xxx

That's a really good idea, that way it's informal if you are worried about saying anything.

It is easy to think nothing will come of it, I know I usually do, but if you speak to the manager, if anyone else makes similar complaints or asks not to see that doctor then they must start to wonder what the problem is :thumbup:

At the end of the day, they are not there to judge you.....they should be there as a health professional. Fingers crossed for a resolution and a speedy BFP!

*Hugs hun* maybe the doc was single and jealous lol

Well, my mom and dad are 11 years apart, been married 40 years and have 5 kids, so I was brought up to believe age is just a number when it comes to love.

However, doctors (having worked in the medical field since I was 18, doing MA, phlebotomy, dictation, med student, etc) make notes of things that they find could be relevant in the future (or they could get sued for a simple observation they failed to notate.) They may write that someone is obese, and that doesn't mean they're calling you that to be mean, but it could indicate diabetes, hypertension, cardiac problems, hypercholesterolemia, etc.

They may have felt that you being 19 and him being 32 was something of interest. In their 30s and 40s, men like women, find that their fertility is falling. So, perhaps you being not even 20, and most likely very fertile, and him being at an age where fertility was declining, could signal that IF you do have a problem TTC, that it may be his physiology, not yours. And, if that wasn't in your chart, and you came back later without OH, and they didn't ask his age, that may affect their diagnosis.

I'm sorry about everything you've gone through! :hugs: I hope you find out what is going on soon, and that all is alright! I know some doctors can be super insensitive, but I do mean this, it's them and not you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->