Hb seen then gone,no mc symptoms.. A mistake? Any hope?

kittenmeow

Reaction score
Hi, I hady first u/s at what I thought was 7 weeks, turns out it was 6 weeks.. A heartbeat of 97bpm was heard and fetal pole and sac etc.. It all looked good. A internal ultrasound had to be done as I have a tilted uterus. I haven't had any pregnancy symptoms except weight gain and fluctuating Breast size.

Anyways 2 weeks later I felt crampy.. Almost like ovulation pain but only on the right which I were I heard it grows so growing cramps are common..and went to ER anyways.. They only had an external u/s. They found the fetal pole, couldnt pick up a Hb but I assumed that was due to the tilted pelvis.. (I've had u/s issues before.) but they could see movement like the heart pumping. I had an internal ultrasound yesterday and was told there was no hb and it was a bit small.. However the sonographer seemed irritated that an internal one had too be done and it was through a different place. As I have no m/c symptoms and didn't have preggo symptoms to begin with.. And a tilted uterus.. could there be a chance the u/s was wrong? or should I get a second opinion before giving up?has this happened to anyone before? A hb then no hb however a successful pregnancy? Thanks.

could there be a chance the u/s was wrong? or should I get a second opinion before giving up?has this happened to anyone before? A hb then no hb however a successful pregnancy? Thanks.

It happened to me before, but it did not result in a successful pregnancy, I'm sorry to say.

There is always hope. But obviously the fact that the internal ultrasound did not detect a HB after a HB previously was detected is not good, and unfortunately it seems you should prepare yourself for the worst. I would get another ultrasound to be sure if you can, because otherwise you'll always wonder. :hugs:

On the plus side, I did conceive my daughter immediately after that mc, so I have no regrets. I don't know if that is any comfort or not. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->