HBAC/VBAC ladies - how far do you live from a hospital?

clarsair

Reaction score
And was this an important factor in deciding whether to give birth at home or in hospital?

5 minutes and no. I've no interest in being treated by an OB. I think the level of care is crap to be honest. I love having my mw.

3+ hours! so obviously it wasn't a reason to have this one at home, just a bad previous experience and a lot of educating myself and soul-searching has led me to this decision. My MW is very experienced and confident and it's really not uncommon where I live.

ETA It's been 8+ years since my section.

I'm 20 miles or so from WHH Ashford and thats around a half hour drive and 20 odd miles to QEQM Margate but its around a 40 minutes drive.

Obviously its quicker with blues and twos.

I planned to HBAC and it was never mentioned about how far I was from hospital. In fact when I had to transfer I chose to go to QEQM to avoid a certain bitch of an OB!

About 10 mins, but it didn't come into the equation when deciding to be honest :)

I'm about 20/25 minutes by blue light, but wasn't/isn't a factor for me :)

Less than 10mins by blue light ambulance in rush hour (as I know from experience in my last labour). Not really sure if it was a factor or not. I have thought "well at least we are close by and its a quick transfer". And since I'm due in December I do plan on going on if its really bad weather and will significantly increase the transfer time. I think I would probably have made the same decision if we lived further away, but how much further I just don't know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->