Hcg 11

Jordi

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

We stopped birth control and timed everything (started trying immediately). We calculated when we thought ovulation would start. After that when we calculated that menstrual period should start friday - sunday (18-20 may).

We did a first test on saturday 19 may which was negative. We had a second test on Wednesday evening (23 may) which looked positive (not a perfect line). Next day we tested with a Clearblue test (morning urine) which can tell how long you are pregnant. This test was also positive and said 1-2 weeks (lowest option).

We immediately went to the doctor next day, he tested the blood. Today we received the first HCG which is 11.

We are quite worried about this HCG. We have a new appointment in a few weeks, he did not say anything about a second blood test to see if it rises.

Is this normal?

Thank you for your advice.

Well it’s not very high but HCG does have to start somewhere. I’m surprised the doctor didn’t order repeat tests, but although pregnancy tests are qualitative and not quantitative, you can continue using pregnancy tests to see if the line is getting darker (an indication your HCG is rising). Other than that unfortunately there’s nothing you can do except wait and see. However positive urine and blood tests means that you are pregnant, so congratulations!

I agree. I’m surprised your doctor isn’t repeating the test in 48 hours. However, you are pregnant! How many dpo are you?

Since we immediately started after stopping with birth control pills it isn't easy to calculate all the exact dates. We used rough guesses to find the right time to try. Similarly we guessed the menstrual period would have started last week, or weekend.

I don't think an hcg of 11 is anything to be worried about in and of itself, it's more about how it rises. Have you asked your doctor for a second test to see it rising?

We haven't asked for a second test. Expecting him to suggest it if he things it is nescassary. Still worried though!

Have you taken anymore test? Check to see if the line is darker!

The number itself doesn't matter as much as whether it's doubling regularly or not. HcG 11 could just mean it's just implanted. One quantitative reading on a blood test doesn't mean much without a follow up for comparison, it ends up telling you as much as a qualitative blood at that point. Just keep POAS, or ask for a follow up blood test if you are nervous. Many OBs will do a confirmation Appointment with you at around 5 weeks but they will just have you POAS anyway unless your in fertility treatment or high risk (typically)

Still worried but hopefull. We have an appointment with the doctor in 3 weeks. Time is passing too slow. Hoping to hear similar stories with positive endings or other hopefull news.

Thanksvto all reacting.

Hello everyone.

Today we did another test. The first pregnancy test (23 may) said pregnant 1-2 weeks. The test today (06 june) says pregnant 2-3 weeks.

Is it normal the indicator says 2-3 weeks instead of 3+?

Or should we just be positive with the result.

Going to the doctor again next week.

Hello everyone.

Today we did another test. The first pregnancy test (23 may) said pregnant 1-2 weeks. The test today (06 june) says pregnant 2-3 weeks.

That’s fab news as it’s progressing! Sounds promising xxx

Thats great! when I was over 5 weeks that pregnancy test said 2-3 for me as well!

My hcg was a 10 when I was first tested. It doubled pretty quickly and today I'm 30 weeks pregnant. The nurse was in disbelief because she had never seen a number so low. She literally said to me over the phone, "You're like, a minute pregnant."

So yeah, the starting number doesn't matter much, it's how it rises (or doesn't). :)

Hello everyone.

Honestly wouldn't concern yourself with the 2-3... I took one and got 2-3 in the morning and had my bloods taken hours later and were 3690 so should have got the 3+ x

It's progressed :hugs: congrats and I pray you have a smooth pregnancy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->