HCG 8172 - No Fetal Pole?

DSemcho

Reaction score
Hello!!

I got my BFP on 3July. Went to ER on the 10th, internal ultrasound showed a very small gestational sac (not visible outside & I have a retroverted uterus) and HCG was 1,172. On 12 July HCG was 2,828.

Fast forward to today, 17July, gestational sac visible from outside, go internal and cannot see anything. Tech says she *saw* the yolk sac but what she showed me as the yolk sac was very faint. No fetal pole or hb. HCG Quant for today was 8,127.

Thoughts or stories of this? I've had 9 losses, so I'm mentally preparing myself for this. And yes, I know after 6,000 HCG can take up to 4 days to double. Is there a possibility of twins since my level is so high and there is no fetal pole yet?

I went for a dating scan when I should have been 6w1d according to the last time I bd. My doctor didn't say much about what she saw but said she wasn't seeing much and she expected to see more, she was pretty much saying it was an empty sac. She told me she expected it to be a Non viable pregnancy and booked a high tech scan for the following week. I got betas taken 2 days later and they were at 50,375. The next week I went for my scan and baby was there, heart beating away. I measured 7w1d and I expected to be 7w4d, so I guess I was actually 5w5d at my first scan which explains why she couldn't see much. Your betas seem good so try not to worry. The babies are so small at this stage, the quality of the machine makes all the difference. Do you have another scan booked?

Yes on Wednesday of next week. It didnt make sense to me because when I was pregnant back in Nov/Dec I saw a flickering hb at 5+6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->