HCG at 16 DPO needing encouragement please

247kay

Reaction score
Hello all! I took a pregnancy test Friday (Dollar store brand) and got a BFP!! This was 3 weeks and 5 days since we BD. I took a Clear Blue digi and got a negative and few more of the dollar store brand which all came back with a very faint positive. Saturday took another digi and got a BFP!! Today 4 weeks 2 days since BD ( not sure exactly when ovulated because I am breastfeeding and periods are not quite perfect but I know this was the only time we BD) I took another digi and got another BFP. Well I am a nurse and asked if the hospital I work at to do a beta HCG for me because I had little brown discharge and the result was not encouraging: 60. I am waiting to be reinstated to my husband's insurance so I can't call the DR. My concern is this: Clear Blue digitals seem to test postive at 50HCG or higher meaning my HCG had to have been 50 or greater on Saturday and obviously the increase today to only 60 isn't enough.

My only comfort is the possibilty that the digitals are more sensitive and maybe my HCG was closer to 20 Saturday. I have read stories of ladies who BFP on the digi with HCG way less than 50.

Clearblue digi's can be more sensitive. I took one at 10 DPO and it came back 1-2. 11 DPO had blood work and it was 28 HCG.

Hoping for the best for you!

My hcg was 21 with a positive digital. I wouldn't worry just yet!

Thanks ladies, nice to hear a little encouragement!

Anyone else with any insight into the situation?

I wouldn't count on hpt's meaning much. My first pregnancy I got an obvious positive on a generic test when my beta was 17 (3w5d, 12"dpo"), and this pregnancy, my beta is 37 (at 4w0d, 14"dpo") and I can't get a positive- even on an FRER! My guess is those tests are just all over the place as far as sensitivity goes. Can't rely on them for anything!

60 is a totally normal number for 4w2d. Will you be able to go back in in a couple days to get a followup to check on doubling time?

With my last pg, I had faint lines on 3 hpts at 12dpo but both DH and I thought they were evaps. So I did a CB digi expecting to see Not Pregnant. It came back (to my utter astonishment) Pregnant. I had a blood draw done the next day (so 13dpo) and my hCG was 38. So it was even lower the day before but I still got a bfp on a digi.

But on the flip side, I did a digi at 17dpo (same pregnancy) expecting to see a Pregnant 2-3 weeks and it came back 1-2 weeks so I started to freak out. I should have been over 200 at that point. A blood test just a few hours later showed my hCG was 236.

My point is digis are hit and miss. And it's important to remember the concentration of hCG in your urine can vary alot from the hCG level in your blood so the blood test is far more accurate. Can you get another hCG taken so you can see what your numbers are doing?

I have another beta tomorrow. I'm feeling much more positive after reading your experiences!! Thanks ladies. Also encouraging that I'm not bleeding, no bright red blood just brown tinged discharge a few days ago.

Hun cb measure at 25ml it says on the box can be used 4days before a missed period and at 4 weeks pg your hcg should be about 100ml so id say yoyr more than likley 3+5 you could have ovd,later as sperm can live upto 7 days gd luck xx

My next beta is tomorrow as well. Good luck to both of us!

Well ladies I'm so thrilled!! HCG was 331!! Such a relief, now I can breath and be thankful for this blessing!!

Congratulations, kay! That's great news!

My results came back at 64 (it was 37 48.5 hours earlier), so a doubling time of 61 hours. My RE says she thinks it's good, but I'm not convinced yet. I go in for another draw on Monday.

Will you be doing anymore draws? Or waiting for your scan?

Congratulations, kay! That's great news!

My results came back at 64 (it was 37 48.5 hours earlier), so a doubling time of 61 hours. My RE says she thinks it's good, but I'm not convinced yet. I go in for another draw on Monday.

Will you be doing anymore draws? Or waiting for your scan?

I think after losses and ttc for so long you never feel convinced you're pregnant. For me I felt a little more confident when I was able to feel my son but even then there were times when I was scared. Your HCG is riding and as long as it doubles at least every 72 hours that's a good sign.
I know it's practically impossible but try to stay positive!! I am waiting for my scan now, probably won't get one till around 8 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->