HCG at 4 weeks and 1 day?? UPDATE: PG 2

breakingdawn

Reaction score
Ladies, I am freaking out. I have a history of ectopic and one m/c in August. I just got my blood test results from yesterday where I was roughly 15DPO...

521 HCG
17.5 progesterone

Is it me, or is my HCG REALLY high????

I posted on your other thread, but those numbers are perfectly normal. :) Some people have lower, some are on the higher end. Are you getting a second draw?

So apparently my doctor is a little concerned because the level is high and my past history. Which is why he wants to schedule the next hcg a week from today to make sure there's s good high number for an ultrasound to find the location.

I can tell you that at 16 dpo my number was 594. I had a scan yesterday and all is normal.

I am sure all is fine.

It's twice as high as mine was with twins on that day

I see mixed reviews so the only thing to really do is wait and see I guess!

With dd, at 4w6d mine was 18,762. The number can vary quite a lot. When I was pregnant with dd, there were a few other ladies who had quite high numbers early on. Congratulations and best of luck!

I went back and looked at my HCG levels with DD#2 and this is what I had:
12 DPO: 89
14 DPO: 276
17 DPO: 1,041

On Monday I was either 15/16 DPO.. not exactly sure so.... at 521, it is close to where I was with my youngest! That is a little reassuring. :) My doctor just likes to make me worry I guess.

I don't think your Dr has any reason to make you worry. That number is in the acceptable range for beta's. I don't think it's abnormally high at all!

It's very similar to two of mine, I've just looked them up!

Here are my 3 closest to yours:

13dpo -54 (ds1)

15dpo -411 (ds2)

14dpo -232 (ds3)

Yeah I'm confused bc like I said it's twice as high than it was with my twins however with this pregnancy on 4 weeks 6 days it was over 4200. So it can vary greatly

Well when I looked back at my results with my second daughter my levels were over 1,000 at 17DPO so... I am not far off from where I was then.

It definitely varies. I was at 137 at 13dpo and doubling in under 30 hours so by 15 I would have been just shy of 600. I had another pregnancy with similar numbers. One was vanishing twin and one was singleton.

My hcg yesterday was 292 and my ticker days 6weeks but i may have miscalculated O day so i know my ticker is probably wrong. I re do betas friday but nurse didnt sound worried at all in fact she said it was good...well see.

Update: I had some spotting so I went in this morning for an "emergency" appointment. They did a urine sample which did show I may have a mild UTI so I got medicine for that. I found out my new HCG numbers were at 6,800 something. So that was good. He did an exam and did not see any signs of active bleeding but could see the light spotty stuff. They went ahead and sent me to ultrasound to be sure this was not an ectopic. We did see a baby in my uterus, measuring about 5w and 6d. We also saw a flicker for the heartbeat!

Attachments

• 14825693_10211028787061435_1577546493_n.jpg
    14825693_10211028787061435_1577546493_n.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 9
That's wonderful! I had some bleeding with my twins at 5 weeks 3 days, hcg was over 18,000 both babies were fine.
I have an ultrasound tomorrow and I'm so curious to see exactly how far along I am with this one.

Congrats! Glad they caught the uti and did the bloods and u/s thank you for sharing your bean with us! So glad it had worked out

Wonderful, that's great news. How lucky you got to see heartbeat before 6 weeks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->