Hcg didn't double :(

kerri28

Reaction score
My doctor just called and said my blood work from 2pm yesterday shows my level at 26000 and my blood work from Tuesday night was 22800 :(. Scan on Monday...

It should have gone up a lot more, right?
Even though I was really sick yesterday my doctor said it still could mean the pregnancy has stopping :( I can't stop crying

I'm so sorry. Hugs. Thinking of you.

I know how tough it is when the numbers aren't right.

Look after yourself xxx

Oh hun i dont know what to say, other than i really hope your scan goes ok on Monday and that all is fine with your baby xxx

Thanks.. Part of me just really hopes levels this high need more than 40 hours to double...more like 72 or 96 hours. Why would they shoot up so high only to stop :( this is gut wrenching waiting. I almost feel like my doctor doesn't want me to have this baby or something. Everyone else is positive and he is just a big Debbie downer. I guess it's better that he is honest. Maybe is just preparing me for the worst case scenario.

I thought when hcg got that high it didn't double as fast... why did they check your hcg? Are you having problems?? I hope all is well for you, I really don't have many answers, and I don't mean to give false hope because I really don't know, just thought I was told they don't double as fast once they get that high... I really hope all is well.. keep us updated!! ♡

I thought the same thing about hcg levels that high, that they no longer double as quickly? Praying for you and your baby and wish you the best for Monday's scan. Can you do something to distract yourself this weekend?

I thought when hcg got that high it didn't double as fast... why did they check your hcg? Are you having problems?? I hope all is well for you, I really don't have many answers, and I don't mean to give false hope because I really don't know, just thought I was told they don't double as fast once they get that high... I really hope all is well.. keep us updated!! ♡

I too was under the impression that it doesn't double as fast when this high but my doctor wasn't hearing that and just seemed like he is covering his butt in a legal sense. He had to retest my hcg because Tuesday I went to the ER for bleeding.

Just looked it up hun and it said that over 6000 is more than 96 hrs. Hope that helps xx

I found this table - hope it helps!

HCG Level

Doubling Time
< 1200 = 48 - 72 hours doubling

1200 to 6000 = 72 - 96 hours doubling

> 6000 = > 96 hours doubling

As pregnancy progresses the doubling time increases. By 6 to 7 weeks gestation beta hCG levels may take as long as 84 hours [ 3½ days ] to double.

https://www.baby2see.com/preconception/hcg.html

Good luck!

Thanks for information guys! I used a hcg calculator to measure the rate it's increasing and it showed that at this rate my hcg is going it would take 8 days to double from 22800 :-/ not sure how realistic it is to consider it is a constant amount every day. I'd like to think some days it increases more than others

I hope the information found is correct and takes longer to double!! I'm not clued up on any of that! FX for you and that your little bean is ok :hugs:

Lots of hugs. I wish with my second LO I didn't even know about HCG as my numbers were low, slow-rising and doubled every 72h until about 4000 then every 96h minimum after that. It is so worrying. This time around I only got the HCG confirmation and no more number checking every 3 days because it was so stressful. I really hope for good news at your scan :hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->