Hcg doubling a bit slow

dan-o

RMC's but mum to 3 now!
Reaction score
Compared over 7 days (71-548) my HCG doubling time is 56 hours, tests done in different labs though, so may not be 100% accurate. Next one tomorrow.

Anyone else had slowish doubling time?

mine are terrible at the moment. the last one went from 480 to 612 in 48hrs. i dont know if its going to go up or down. only time will tell. im 5 weeks 4 days and nothing seen on ultrasound either. the waiting is killing me!!!

sorry i cant help you. maybe ill have some good news one day......

Hi dan-o,

I have the same thing, levels are taking a bit longer to double, but i had a scan this morning and we saw a little yolk sac (we couldn't see anything this time last week) i am only 5 weeks. Everything is measuring bang on though, and midwife said not to worry too much about slowish doubling time, that as long as they are rising within 72 hours she is happy with that. Are you going to have an ultrasound?
Try not worry too much, though that is easier said than done!

Thanks, that's great news! Yes got one booked a week tomorrow. Should be 6+1 by ovulation by then. My gp was a bit worried about the possibility of ectopic and leaving it too long tho, hence the betas!

Do not compare betas if they were taken at different labs. I got a blood test with my second pregnancy (first ended in miscarriage but I still count it), and my beta was 1982. Got it taken a few hours later at a different lab, and it was 1500. I was FREAKING OUT but that baby is sitting in his highchair eating green beans. :cloud9:

I called my doctor bawling and told me DO NOT COMPARE. so... I am telling that to you. Do not compare blood betas from different labs. There are several different influences, including human error, that can happen. :flower:

If you have gotten betas done at the same lab, compare those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->