HCG doubling after 60 hrs and early scan

welcome2life

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am new to the group and had few questions... So thought of posting it here..

I had my period due on 05/11 but got BFP on 05/08 . My doc advised me to go for a blood test and my HCG level on 05/09 (I did test late evening) was 122 and on 05/12 ( early morning) was 244.. It doubled like almost 60hrs...My doc didnt sounded too happy abt numbers and informed it should have been a little higher which disappointed me a lot, and told to have early scan (5 weeks) and asked me to continue duphaston 10 mg (twice a day)... So wanted to know if anybody had these levels and had successful pregnancy and if 5 week is too early for a scan? Also, how long I should continue on Duphaston

Any inputs would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

If your HCG isn't at a certain level you won't see anything at all which will just concern you even more. The most advanced ones here can't see at all until 1000 HCG and actually they told me they can't often see anything until 2500 HCG. Right now you have a way to go to get to where they could see a pregnancy with where your number is at. It's up to you but I see so many here go at 5 weeks and just get way more stressed out when nothing is seen.

As far as your doubling, it is so close to being within the time that I think it's looking very positive.

I don't see the point of a scan at this point. Your hcg is not high enough and you aren't far enough along to see anything. I would ask to not have a scan and just continue to watch the hcg until it gets high enough for something to be seen. I also wouldn't be too worried about the number at this time. It's true that lots of ladies have faster doubling times and hcg rises quickly early on, but just on these boards I've seen plenty who had lower and slower rising hcg and everything be okay. Good luck to you!

I don't understand the need for all this hcg stuff, really unnecessary and stressful!! Do you know what mine were? No neither do i...... still pregnant though. Just relax and tell them you don't need anymore counting of anything.

I would also wait for the scan hun , because not seeing anything put u in that grey area of not knowing if its too soon and then there are just more questions than answers and they wlll make you come back anyway to do another scan.

Thanks for your inputs..it really made me feel lot more better.

Doc scared me of possibility of ectopic pregnancy and miscarriage (due to HCG level not doubling in 48 hrs) and asked me to stay close to hospital for 3 weeks and wanted to do an early scan at 5 weeks... This added to lot of anxiety and worry..

Now after reading posts, I feel I am not alone and there is still hope..

Many thanks for all

if they are looking for ectopic you should go at 5 weeks like they said because all they are lookign for then is the sac in the right place, not the heartbeat yet, just know you ll have to go back to see if there is a heartbeat

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->