• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hcg Increasing but not doubling... Anyone know much about this?

jessica716

Mummy to a rainbow baby
Reaction score
Hi Ladies :flower:

Bit of background info -

Scan at 6 wks put me back to 5 weeks - nice yolk sac and gest sac
3 days of bleeding/spotting
So was told to go in for bloods..

Monday (6.6 or 5.6 according to hospital) hcg - 87623

Wednesday hcg 112129

I was led to believe that over a certain point that it took between 72-96 hours to double, and as my first hcg was well above that point that it would stand. as ive increased by about 25-30% in 48 hours that would be fine.
The woman at hospital earlier today said I wouldnt double due to how high they were.

But when I rang up before to get the hcg level the woman on the phone said i need to go back in as its not right my levels aren't doubling...

:nope:

Help, so confused!

Try this handy little chart, might be able to give you some insight:

https://www.babymed.com/tools/hcg-calculator

Hope that helps. GL!

I don't think they double anymore when being so high? I hear a lot of ladies being made scared because the nurses and doctors made them believe something is wrong and then the pregnancy progress just perfectly well.

I don't think they double anymore when being so high? I hear a lot of ladies being made scared because the nurses and doctors made them believe something is wrong and then the pregnancy progress just perfectly well.

I agree ^

My nurse this morning said my levels were "rising quite nicely" and I had a doubling time of 72.85 hours :shrug: As far as I know, the higher your numbers get the longer it takes them to double.

Try this handy little chart, might be able to give you some insight:

https://www.babymed.com/tools/hcg-calculator

Hope that helps. GL!

Thank you, yes on here says 96+ hours once over 6000, and I'm well over that lol

I'm not even sure why they are looking at your HCG at this point, the values are not predictive anymore. Really the only thing that can give you any indication would be an ultrasound.

As above. It seems more trouble than it's worth getting HCG tests. A scan would be a great reassurance at this stage of your pregnancy.

I'm not even sure why they are looking at your HCG at this point, the values are not predictive anymore. Really the only thing that can give you any indication would be an ultrasound.

This. You need and ultrasound. Your HCG isn't a good indicator at this point since it is so high.

I agree, scans from now on are going to tell you much more than getting your hcg levels checked about how the pregnancy is progressing.

Well I rang epu back up today. They said the woman I spoke to on the ward was wrong

They said with how high my levels are they would expect them to take a full week to double and mine would be on track for doubling every 131 hours at present so I'm fine and she is unsure why they felt the the need for me to have bloods done again knowing I had a scan booked

I'm in for a scan on monday

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->