HCG Levels - blood test

Rumpskin

Free to try again!
Reaction score
I am having a blood test tomorrow at EPAC to determine if this pregnancy is growing.

Can anyone give me figures for very early pregnancies please?

Thank you x

if you google you will be able to find a list but it is a huge range of numbers that can be considered normal

My first levels at 4+2 were 163 and were considered low
4+5 they were mid 500s so doubled but still considered low
5+2 3800s

Will you be having more than one test done? What is important isn't that first number but the second (and any further numbers) to make sure that the HCG level is going up (more than doubling every 48-72 hours)

Good luck :)

The first number can really only tell you if you're pregnant. You'll need two blood draws, usually 48 hours apart, to determine if things are in line. The ranges for normal hcg levels at certain points are so huge that it's hard to provide an accurate number for what is "normal."

The nurse said that she would see what the first test result was so would wait and see about the 2nd test? I have tried googling but it has bought up so much rubbish!

Xx

https://www.baby2see.com/preconception/hcg.html try this site, as mentioned the ranges are huge, and tests should be repeated in 48 - 72 hours :)

My first at 3 weeks 5 days was 24 my second 48 hours later was 67 and my last one 48 hours after that was 215...starting off low but doubling ok

my 1st was 498 at 5wks, then it was at 989 48hrs later and then a week later at 17,126

One number cannot tell you if the pregnancy is healthy or not. Like others have said, the rate at which it doubles is more important. 48 - 72 hours is the norm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->