• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

HCG Levels - Decrease then Rise Again Please Help!!

Could that first blood test have been wrong as 176 at 17dpo is a bit high, being that the earliest you could have ovulated could be 10dpo. That one does not seem to fit, I guess cause of the slow rise they will watch for ectopic now especially with bleeding.
The heavy bleeding is a concern, but then people can bleed and be ok. Very confusing.
Good luck, you are still very early and at 3 weeks 5 days you will see nothing. An accurate u/s and diagnoses can not be confirmed until hcg numbers are higher closer to 2000.

Hi there.. That is a very good point. The Dr actually mentioned this when she called me with Monday's results. Given how the first 2 sets of HCG's were ran at hospital stats. ( Possible Human Error ) Then she brought me on Wednesday ( 6.6.12 ) and called me Thurday with the hcg only being at 400.. She said this was too low for 3 weeks & 5 days? This really confused me.. I have been reading differently. I've been ALL over google. Haha.. But I guess since they didn't completely double from Monday's results as we would like to see, this raised a flag.

That is ridiculous saying 400 at 3 weeks and 5 days is low:dohh: With my first DD I had a reading of 77 at 3 weeks 6 days and she is here happy and healthy. DD was 117 at 4 weeks and this one was in 100 and something yeek ca not remember. So 400 2 days before 4 weeks sounds pretty good to me:)
Good luck with your next blood test:thumbup:

Thank you, that is reassuring. :). Let's keep our fingers crossed that this is not Extopic. ;)

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter & new pregnancy!

I'm so sorry that they think it may be an ectopic. I'll keep you in my prayers.

:hugs:

really hope u get some answers soon and its just one of those pregnancies thats weird but normal x

Thank you to everyone for all of your wonderful support.. It has made this difficult time in my life a little more manageable to get through..

The latest is that this has surely been an emotional tug-of-war game.. After several more HCG test; last nights only being at 641 my OB says they feel confident it's Ectopic.. However, no one has been able to see anything inside the tubes or uterus.. so they believe it's either too soon to see or implantation took some place outside the uterus.. They wish to terminate the pregnancy at this point with the (M - injection)
I'm not quite sure how I feel about that, very difficult decision.. But, as much as I hate to give up and thinking of the what if's, it would probally be a wise decision to terminate with all the bleeding/clotting/tissue passage at 2.5 weeks pregnant.. them not seeing anything at all now, other than a cyst on my left ovary at 4.5 weeks .. it's just too risky. :(

Thank you to everyone for all of your wonderful support.. It has made this difficult time in my life a little more manageable to get through..

The latest is that this has surely been an emotional tug-of-war game.. After several more HCG test; last nights only being at 641 my OB says they feel confident it's Ectopic.. However, no one has been able to see anything inside the tubes or uterus.. so they believe it's either too soon to see or implantation took some place outside the uterus.. They wish to terminate the pregnancy at this point with the (M - injection)
I'm not quite sure how I feel about that, very difficult decision.. But, as much as I hate to give up and thinking of the what if's, it would probally be a wise decision to terminate with all the bleeding/clotting/tissue passage at 2.5 weeks pregnant.. them not seeing anything at all now, other than a cyst on my left ovary at 4.5 weeks .. it's just too risky. :(

I'm so sorry :(

The fact that they can't see a mass doesn't mean all that much, honestly. When I had my heterotopic, my RE and the radiologist at my fertility clinic couldn't agree on seeing a mass so high up in my tube that it almost wasn't even still in it... and that radiologist has a lot of experience with locating ectopic pregnancies, unfortunately. Plus, that was at almost 9 weeks (IVF pregnancy, we know exactly how far along it was). There's even a chance that 'cyst' on your ovary isn't really a cyst :( ( I have a friend who had an ectopic that implanted on the back of her ovary).

The methotrexate is no fun, and the decision is always a tough one (hell, I knew for sure with my situation that the uterine component was non-viable - failed to develop at all - and I STILL felt like I was killing my child taking the mtx... even KNOWING that an ectopic is a potentially life-threatening situation. Logical Me and Emotional Me couldn't get on the same page)

:hugs: I'm so sorry you're going through this :hugs:

sorry to hear hun its same as what we went through with my ectopic i really didn't want the shot and took it screaming not much i an do now but was nightmare and then had to keep going back all the time for blood work was nightmare and hard to get over i wont go near the hospital i had it in now though.

The same thing happened to me. I had found out I was pregnant in August of 2011. By September they still couldn't see anything. They made me go through a D and C only to come in the next morning and tell me that I was still pregnant but it was ectopic where I was give the methotrexate. In December 2011, I got pregnant again. Same problem hcgs not doubling but rising. I ended up going in on the last day of january where the ER told me to go home and wait to miscarry. The next night I ended up in god awful pain where the following morning they discovered my right tube had ruptured and I had been internally bleeding for hours. So I had laproscopy surgery in which they removed my right tube. Went on BC for a bout a month and got pregnant within 2 weeks of stopping it. I am not 11 weeks pregnant with a viable pregnancy :) Hope things get better for you

confused how come you got pregnant so quickly? after the methotrexate shot you have to wait 6months to start trying.

I am basically in the same situation. Low HCG them a drop and a rise. US shows 2mm gestational sac in my uterus and a cyst on my left ovary, yet I am having no pain or bleeding ect.

So sorry to hear about yor situation.

if they seen something in uterus could be a missed miscarriage,

Thanks you guys. Did you guys experience a lot of cramping and discomfort after the injection? I've been having terrible cramping since about 45 mins after the shot. They explained all the side effects & all but nothing about the cramping. I expected it, but wasnt sure how severe it could get before I should worry.

I am basically in the same situation. Low HCG them a drop and a rise. US shows 2mm gestational sac in my uterus and a cyst on my left ovary, yet I am having no pain or bleeding ect.

So sorry to hear about yor situation.

Thank you. I'm sorry for your going through that you are too. I hope you have a good outcome. Hugs your way. Xxx

Thanks you guys. Did you guys experience a lot of cramping and discomfort after the injection? I've been having terrible cramping since about 45 mins after the shot. They explained all the side effects & all but nothing about the cramping. I expected it, but wasnt sure how severe it could get before I should worry.

If I remember right (and it's been 4 years of trying not to think of it), I had about 3 days of pretty bad cramps. The day after the shot was probably my worst (at one point the pain was bad enough to make me puke). Things got better once I passed the tissue (day 3 and day 4). They're still monitoring your hCG, right? Don't be surprised if the first number after the shot is still higher than before... I had bloodwork every 2-4 days 'til I was back down into negative territory, but the first draw after the mtx shot jumped up by quite a bit.

confused how come you got pregnant so quickly? after the methotrexate shot you have to wait 6months to start trying.

Unfortunately, not everyone in the medical community shares that info. I was never told to wait before trying again... not by my fert. clinic doc, and not by the hospital that administered the shot. :(

I'm sorry you're going through this, honey. Maybe a vanishing twin? I'm not really sure though, but I would be hopeful if my hCG were rising. xoxo:hugs:

This is almost exactly what happened last year..had a huge bleed went to the ER found out i was pregnant and went back in two days for HCG and saw that the number dropped..two days after that they climbed again and a week later my numbers started to decrease again..doc said it was definately twins because there was nothing else to explain the drop and massive bleed..then it went up, no more bleed, then it went down a week later and massive bleeding again.

I hope that your pregnancy is a sucessful one..:hugs:

Sorry for what you've been through. Fingers crossed for the future! X

If I remember right (and it's been 4 years of trying not to think of it), I had about 3 days of pretty bad cramps. The day after the shot was probably my worst (at one point the pain was bad enough to make me puke). Things got better once I passed the tissue (day 3 and day 4). They're still monitoring your hCG, right? Don't be surprised if the first number after the shot is still higher than before... I had bloodwork every 2-4 days 'til I was back down into negative territory, but the first draw after the mtx shot jumped up by quite a bit.

Ughh.. yes. It's been a true nightmare. Yesterday ( day 2 ) was the worst so far I believe.. It was so bad I was having cold sweats, dry heaving, and severe abdominal cramping that radiates up my right side & high up into my back. Scary! Feels like it's in my chest also. I ended up going to the ER because my aunt who's been helping-while my husband works was scared to death for me.. I turned out to be dehydrated & the rest they say "is to be expected". I only wish they told me all of to expect afterwards.. they certainly did not. Atleast it isn't on the sheet they gave me.. They made it like I was going to get the injection and then go on my merry way.. hardly the case! (Sorry if I'm scaring anyone, I only want to be honest.)
I did begin to start passing tissue yesterday as well..( Hopefully that's a good sign this is almost over ).. today I just feel majorly bloated and crampy with the back & chest side-effect.. Maybe that is just from the stress from all of this..? ( I hope ). They also checked my HCG levels yesterday at hospital and it was stillc crawling up to 684.. wasn't really expecting much change yet since I had only received the shot 24 hrs before hand and hadn't even started bleeding at that time.. I go again tomorrow and then again on Monday to have those checked. Fingers crossed they start to go down.. I cannot imagine having to deal with ANOTHER shot.. yikes! :cry:

Sorry for what you've been through. Fingers crossed for the future! X

Thank you.. I am so sorry for anyone woman who's ever had to deal with something as horrible as this has been.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->