HCG levels, ectopic pregnancy

gradgrrrl

Reaction score
I'm having my ultrasound tomorrow. I'm 5 weeks with HCG levels around 7000. I have been having pains that come and go on what feels like my ovary on one side, so worried it's an ectopic. No bleeding and the pain is mild to moderate, not severe. Has anyone had anything like this but not had an ectopic?

I have had periodic 'throbbing' on what feels like my ovaries. It's one sided and every so often. I had it more often at the beginning of this pg but it does still happen maybe once a week. Nothing is shown on the u/S and honestly I never asked. I did have a suspected ectopic years back and the pain at 4.5 weeks was horrible. Good luck tomorrow.

When I had my ectopic, my hcg was only in the 800's on the day it ruptured just shy of 8 weeks.

It started at 5+3 with extreme (but central) lower back pain and dark brown stringy spotting.

I had pains like you describe this time at 5-6 weeks and turned out it was just the corpus luteum cyst on one of my ovaries. Try not to worry!!

Those sound like perfectly normal levels for five weeks. I think aches and pains are pretty common in general during this time. I had a strange pressure-like pain on one side with my first, but it wasn't ectopic, just one baby in the right spot. Hope your scan tomorrow gives you peace of mind!

The pain ure discribing sounds like my first pregnancy when I thought it was ectopic and rushed myself to ER lol then it was just a corpus luteum cyst

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->