HCG levels going up but not doubling?? HELP...

BeccaBurton

Reaction score
I had a beta HCG done around 10pm on Monday at 5 weeks. It was 820. I had a repeat blood draw around 9:30am on Thursday morning (59 hours between) and the level was 1279.. 64% increase... Can I still have a normal pregnancy or am I headed for miscarriage... Anyone experience this?

Out of three doubling times, the slowest was around 71% - and that was in my case one of the signs that the baby didn't develop properly. The other two doubling times were very good - less than 48 hrs. So I would prepare mentally...:cry:
In your case if it really increased only 64% in 3 days (rather than 48 hrs) - I would prepare for the worst. I am so sorry!

It's never been good news for me hun but there have been some happy ending out there although they seem to be the exception not the norm. I hope things work out for you:hugs:

I was slower to double as well. My doubling time was 63 hours. I was a nervous wreck in the beginning, but so far, baby is fine. I know how scary it is. What helped me was repeating to myself "nothing is going to happen that i cannot handle. Be it good or bad, I will get through this". Good luck!

Well I had an ultrasound and we seen a gestational sac with a yolk sac.. Measuring 5 weeks 2 days. I also had a repeat HCG and my levels only went from 1279-2800 in. Whole week. I'm not feeling very confident. We go for a repeat ultrasound Monday to see how things are growing and progressing.

I'm sorry. I know there are cases where hcg not doubling is okay, but most times it's not good news. I hope everything turns out ok for you though.

I echo what the other ladies said and will be keeping my fingers crossed all is well xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->