Hcg levels--high?

peach44

Reaction score
I had my beta checked today and have to do another on Wednesday. (I've been concerned about the lack of symptoms the last couple of days). My hcg today was 115,000 and I should be 8 weeks tomorrow. The doc said that's pretty high. I know when I O'd so I don't think I'm further along, and they said it could be twins ( but I really don't have many symptoms) or a molar pregnancy. :( I had one last year so I'm praying it's not that. Was anyone else's hcg on the high side? Just hoping for some reassurance. Thanks :)

It doesn't seem high for 8 weeks, at least by the online charts which put hcg at 7-8 weeks at a range of 8,000-229,000. The range of normal is pretty insane. I only had mine done at 4 weeks and it was 18,762, which would have put me in the 6 week range according to the online charts, but a scan the following week showed I was measuring right on track with one baby. I do think it's strange to have few symptoms with hcg that high, but I read somewhere that progesterone gives the symptoms(not sure if that's true). Good luck. Oh, and isn't it irritating that they just did scan you at this point, then you'd know.

Agreed. They actually moved my u/s up to Wednesday as well so hopefully I can get some answers. Thanks for the quick response. Anything helps. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->