HCG Levels.

Makeupdubai

Reaction score
has anyone had their HCG levels checked? as its supposed to double every two days..what happens if it doesnt?:baby:

Supposed to be 48-72 hours if doubled, sometimes it takes longer to get started!!

If it doesn't it can mean a number of things, but I wouldn't worry about that unless it happens, try to enjoy yourself xx

hi i had mine checked mine were rising slowly but i still had a m/c but im not so sure that hcg levels are a good way of testing the ranges for how many dpo are so varied that it can be conflicting.

ok thanks...so if after 48 hours it went from 1000 to 1200, thats nothign to wory about right?

It really should double every 48-72 hours.

In the first 4-5 weeks it should double every 48 hours, after that it can slow down a little to as slow as doubling every 3 1/2 days over the next few weeks. I've been doing my reading lately as i'm a little worried myself.

How far along are you? You also have to look at your E2 and P4 levels as they will give you the full story. What did your Dr say about it?

Hi!

While HCG testing is a good way of looking at how a pregnancy is progressing, it is only useful after a series of tests (at least three). For example, you could have had your test just before a big spurt in growth or something - try to get another test or two to see how things are going.

Try to keep calm (difficult I know!) though and try not to get too caught up with the HCG charts on the internet as they are only rough guides, every woman and pregnancy is different. I know it is easy to worry though - when I was pregnant with Tristan, I had a couple of HCG tests done and I was at the other end of the scale. The numbers seemed to go through the roof (at the very top end of the chart and on one test over the top end) - and I was sure when I ovulated. So I started worrying and googling (avoid at all costs!) and started to worry about molar pregnancies and stuff. Well, I was reassured that everything was ok at an early scan at 6/7 weeks and now Tristan is a lovable six month old baby! I am sure everything will be ok for you as well.

Good luck! I hope everything works out.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back