Hcg not doubling every 48 hours in early pregnancy

patiently

NTNP
Reaction score
Hi ladies i was just wondering if anyone has had a slow rising hcg level and gone on to have a H&H 9months, i am just over 4 weeks pregnant and last monday my hcg level was 23, by friday it was 113 and by today (2 days later) it is only 121, My progesterone is at 50. I am really worried that i will miscarry and i am hoping some will be able to share their experiences so i can see what to expect. Your feedback will be much appreciated x

Well the fact that your are rising is still a good sign. The beginning of my pregnancy my levels started off scary low according to my doctor. So I took it easy and rested and drank plenty of water. Around 6 weeks my levels shot up like crazy. I have heard many stories of women who started off real low and then picked up quick. only one bad reading is not sufficient enough for an answer so I do hope that your doctor has ordered anothe test. Also, can you ask for an ultrasound to see if baby is placed in theright area and if he/she is ok?

Sometimes when hcgs do not double or are very slow to rise- it can be an ectopic pregnancy. if you experience pain worse than normal cramps, bleeding- go see doctor. Also sorry if tmi but is you feel extreme pressure in your bottom, shoulder pain, or heavy bleeding go to emergency.
Ectopics are rare so try not to worry. Good luck and remember to rest and hydrate! X.

I have an u/s on the 14th so 9 days to go. I dont have another hcg scheduled either but i may go to the EPU on tuesday to see if my numbers have gone up...my gp recommended this anyway. I am going to rest and drink lots of fluids...Thank you for all your advice, i have mild twinges on both side and no other pain, the bleeding has stopped as i dont have any when i wipe. I am keeping everything crossed. Did you experience this with your current pregnancy or your previous one and was your hcg levels accompanied with any bleeding?

Yes my current I bled and had low hcg levels. Everything is good and measuring above dates. Are u in uk?

yes i am in the uk...you're in california right? thank you so much for sharing your experience it really gives me hope...i haven't had any bleeding or spotting since this afternoon so im going to drink plenty of fluids and try to relax...x x x

I am here to help hun if you need it! Or just to keep in touch! I am jealous- the u.k. Seems so awesome!! Do you mind menasking what part?

No i dont mind you asking, im in hertfordshire at the moment but i did grow up in london...It can be awesome but it just seems like in California there will be so much things to do...like beaches! I never go to the seaside in england...thats what we call it the sea side...i wish there were more activities to do on the few hot days we get over here...for me its all about work and ttc how far are you into your pregnancy?

14 weeks. I had a loss in January after seeing a heartbeat which was horrendous. Then we decided to wait. Apparently my body had other plans and we got preg again on feb. So now I am 14 weeks. Pregnancy sure does go by so slowly lol. I wish that we all could fastforward and make sure everything goes as planned lol. Enough about me/ how about you? Any news?
I know that the wait is the worst part. During this pregnancy the i went in at approx 4.6 weeks with cramps and the dr said I had ectopic and had to wait a day for surgery. The next day we went in and the fluid in my tube was gone and I has a thickened uterus but no sac or anything. Had to wait a week. Then at 5 weeks 5 days they saw an empty sac. Had to wait longer. A week later finally saw a heartbeat. Then I bled and they four a hemorrhage and low Lying placenta. The hemorrhage is now gone and placenta is hopefully moving up. I tell you I'm going crazy!

*sorry for al typos. My phone autocorrects and it hates me

wow you got pregnant quickly...im so happy for you...im happy that your pg is going well and youor at 14 weeks..how i wish to be 14 weeks right now...tell me about it pregnancy goes so slowly...each week feels like a lifetime!! nothing has happened as yet...i have a little brown spotting at the moment but not enough to be seen on a pad...i have small twinges under my belly button and my breast tenderness comes and goes im trying to be positive but the 8 hcg increase in two days is really bothering me...i just want it to increase more by double even by tripple even by quadruple, im going to go to the epu and get some bloodwork tomorrow. Please keep your fingers crossed for me i really appreciate you taking the time to respond to my messages...you give me hope..do you remember what your hcg levels were? and how far you was when you took them...? Do you feel different this pregnancy? are you hoping for a girl or a boy? I hope the hemmorhage has gone and the placenta has moved up my fingers are crossed for you!! dont worry about the typing errors i have them too hehe x

Hey hun x!
Sorry for the late response- been a busy day! I always have my fingers crossed for you hun, HCGs are so annoying arent they? But its hard to not want to get them tested- especially if there seems to be a "problem". I wouldnt stress off it too much. Lets see.. if I remember correctly.. around the 4th week closer to the fifth I was about 200. Then about 30 hours later (because I went to the ER) they only went up 74. The doctor was pretty sure I was going to miscarry because he said my numbers were low, and they were rising so slowly. Then they thought I had an ectopic because there was fluid in my tubes but that was ruled out. I finally got an appointment with midwife- which started earlier b/c of my previous miscarriage. The numbers over the next three days only doubled which was still low. Then around 7 weeks they shot up quickly! They were soon in the thousands and climbing. Around 9 weeks I was about 30 thousand!
Now that I am 14 weeks the level of HCG is decreasing. Around 8-11 weeks the placenta is starting to form which makes the hormone level peak at around 11 weeks and then start to decline- I didnt know that so I went mad from worry haha.
This pregnancy does feel a little different though- I am only 14 weeks so I dont know the sex yet- I am hoping for a girl but either will be amazing :) It is hard to say if it is different from my miscarriage symptoms because with my first born I had no symptoms at all. The second pregnancy that ended in a miscarriage I had some stomach issues then they quickly faded, and I had lower back pain that was constant.. here is a little TMI but if you can handle it lol.. I first started spotting dark red blood. It was not brown blood but it was dark. It kept happening. I went to the doctors and they said- all is fine there is a Heart Beat but your levels are low. Just rest and relax- odds of miscarriage are low after seeing a heartbeat. I knew however in my heart that it wasnt right. So, I kept bleeding.. and the day I went to take a shower I just broke down. I went back to the hospital, I knew the baby had passed. The nurse was sure of it to and she gave me an IV with pain killers, and I think from being relaxed off the muscle relaxers/pain killers it finally allowed my cervix to open up and expel the baby. I had the miscarriage as soon as the technician started the ultrasound. It is still hard and breaks my heart- but live continues on and you can just hope and try again. Pregnancy is hard (i think women lie when they say everything is perfect and they arent worried! haha).
One thing my midwife tells me is do just relax, I dont hold the reigns anymore. The baby and my body has completely taken over and I have nothing to do with it anymore except to eat/live healthy, and go to checkups.

Please keep in touch- I think about you alot!

your experiences really give me hope...i hope im just someone with slow rising hcg but all will develop fine and in february i will give birth to my baby...fingers crossed that you will have a little girl...i would like a boy but to be honest a little girl would make me extremely happy too...the thing im worried about is that i had brown spotting around that time i would've had my period but this week the spotting is random and i have no reason as to why it has happened...i couldnt really sleep last night just want to get the bloodwork done and get the results...its funny how maternal instinct kicks in almost immediately, i knew that i had lost the baby in february too....i broke down at work and was crying but couldnt understand why i felt so sure that i had a mc because i wasnt bleeding, then 5 hours later it came...You are really strong!! i cant begin to imagine how you felt after losing your little baby at 12 weeks, and your right we can only hope and try again...i noticed that your sons name is jayden, i think his name is so gowejuss...do you have any names yet? sorry to be so nosy but did you tell anyone you was pregnant this time around? i will keep in touch you really make me feel better and help me to stop stressing ;-)

Jus got back from the dr's and my bloodwork results are back and its not looking good...today my hcg was 157 on sunday it was 121, and friday before that was 113 but my progesterone levels have gone down and are now at 28 when they were at 50 last week...my dr told me its either an eptopic or i will have a mc and theres no way this pregnancy is viable...i cant even cry i just feel numb like this isnt happening to me...i just feel lost the thought of having to try all over again is just too much...i just want my baby!!! its not fair...!!!

sorry hun i posted some advice the same time as u posted and dont think its appropraite now. really sorry hun for wat ur going thru :hugs: x

Oh hun :hugs: I know that you are going through it right now..I hate when bad things happen to good people. It really gets me when I see so many people take pregnancy for granted and those who really want babies have a hard time. I know that what your feeling right now is a sort of hopelessness but remember not all is lost.
I had my keels drop with my son and I rested, drank water, and waited and they went back up. Even now in second trimester they shot back up.

You seem like such a beautiful person and I hope we will remain friends as I've taken quite a liking to you :) take your time though Hun and *if* you do lose this one cry, scream, whatever you need to do and I'll always be here.

thank you so much for replying...it seems that you really understand how i feel...i know not all is lost yet do im trying to stay positive its just so hard...the worst thing is when people say that im still young...age has nothing to do with it...i want my baby now...im going to appreciate all the time i have with my little angel inside my tummy and try not to be so negative...if my progesterone levels were 50 still i would feel better but because theyre down to 28 its a tough pill to swallow...well anyway how are you...i hope youre doing well...are you showing yet if you dont mind me asking? i always imagine that by 3 months i would be showing...thank you again your responses are always encouraging x

Well this is my second so I am showing earlier. I look like a camel because all the water my body is retaining. Anyways I posted the same thing in another thread. I remember losing my baby at 22 and the nurses and doctors all said oh you're so young you have plenty of time to have a baby. I was awe struck. I remember asking a nurse "oh ok so since I am young it's ok for my baby to die??" she never came back to my room. I don't care how old you are losing a baby you want so bad is not ok nor easy. I just wish people were not so insensitive to it. I also hate when they told me that miscarriages are so common 1 in 4 end this way. I always thought ok so I am that lucky 1 huh?

The good news is you can get pregnant. After a m/c your body can easily become pregnant again. Can I ask how many you have had? I know herein California if you have had three m/c they will investigate to see why. Sometimes it's a clotting disorder that's easily fixed. Ive tried adding you as a friend but it won't let me? Do you know why?

Oh and thank you for the compliment on the name. And I have told my family.. But after the mc I waited longer because I disdnt want the same thing to happen you know? Well anyways I think if it's a girl I like cadence or kayleigh. I don't know yet I just hope it all turns out ok for me too. I have a heartbeat check this morning so I'll keep you posted too!

i like cadence and kayleigh both are really cute. good luck with your heartbeat check. i am actually 23 soon to be 24 and this is the second time this has happened this year. its true that they dont test until it occurs three times...its such a shame how can they let this happen three times...i cant go through this again...its so stressful. already i was starting to think about baby names and how the labour will be...and how great my OH would be...i cant begin to think how im going to feel at work as 5 other women are expecting at work...my first edd was september so thats fast approaching and with me being pg i thought it would help ease the pain as i would have something to look forward to but now i have two edd that i have to struggle through, im so happy to have met you on here you really do help me more than you know...i have added you as a friend not sure if it worked hope it does...i wish u the best of luck in your pregnancy and your right after a mc you are more fertile it took us only three months x x x

Please keep in touch hun. I know you're going through a rough time and that's expected. I am the same age as you and I know how heartbreaking it is, especially when you want the pregnancy and the family's badly. It is so horrible to make a person wait three times as that seems so cruel! I know it's because miscarriages are so common but that still does not make it any easier. I remember waitin to get my follow up after my mc an saw all the pregnant mommies and thought why them?? Life can be so hard sometimes. I myself am experiencing cramps an waiting for heartbeat check as we speak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->