Hcg not doubling every 48 hours in early pregnancy

The waiting game is very miserable. It's being stuck in limbo that kills us. It can be that you are early than you thought? But given all the other information you've added I would say that most likely it is not an ectopic especially since tubes were cleared- so that in a sense is good news. My hcg were low to start with, one time it took 4 days to double and I now 19 weeks. It's hard to be stuck I know. But are you familiar with warnin signs? Such as a temperature, diaphragm, shoulder pain, or a feeling of sever constipation?
Have you had spotting?

Hi Jaydensmommy

I know, just wish I had something to go on. The worst is I still 'feel' pregnant, and without knowing one way or another it's taking the shine off the excitement of it, you know what I mean? But I think you're right, hopefully it's not an ectopic because of the hycosy. The sonographer confirmed that my remaining tube was nice and clear and there were no fibroids etc, which is a good sign.

I am familiar with the warning signs. With my ectopic last year I had the brown watery bleeding for 2 weeks as well as cramping, so I knew that something was wrong. This time the only bleeding I've had was 3 days after I got my BFP, and even then it was a 4 day bleed exactly like my period and around the exact time I would've gotten my period. Bright red, tapering off after 4 days with only a few clots (sorry for TMI :$), so I'm wondering if that was my period coming through because the pregnancy hormones were too low to mask the cycle hormones? There's been no spotting or any bleeding of any kind after that. I keep running to the loo thinking I've started bleeding and it turns out to be nothing more than creamy CM.

The good news is that the senior consultant at the hospital wants to see me herself so I've got a scan with her on Wednesday morning. Hopefully they will be able to see something on the scan because when I went for one last week Tuesday all they could see was a thickened uterine lining but nothing else. They should be able to see something at 6 weeks right?

Carmen. xx

I have good hopes for you hun.. I do believe that at 6 weeks they will see something, but don't be worried if there is no heartbeat as this can take a little longer to show up. The size of you, the shape of your uterus and many other factors come into play. Omg, wednesday seems like ages away doesnt it? I have my anatomy scan on Friday, I already know I am having a little girl though :)

Back to you- with my miscarriage I had dark brown spotting. Constant. It would however stop for maybe a few hours but when I went back to the bathroom it would be there, again. I kept spotting and spotting till I went into the ER. The nurse was so certain that I was having a miscarriage that I was given morphine, and I believe that was what caused my body to finally relax and I lost the baby only a few minutes later. I know that what your going through is hard, but honestly the hope is far from lost.

The great news is your tube is CLEAR! I know for a fact that an ectopic pregnancy can be seen as early as 4 weeks sometimes earlier, so try not to worry there. I know things seem hard. But, do you want to private message me? It may be easier :)

xx :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->