HCG not quite doubling...

Beneli

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm currently 5+3 weeks pregnant. I had a blighted ovum M/C in February, so when I found out I was pregnant again (finally!) I had my doctor run some beta HCGs. My numbers didn't quite double in 72 hrs and now I'm scared :(.

10/04: 4289
10/07: 7856

I'm due to do another test thursday. From my reading, this could be normal and hcg doesn't double as quickly past the 4000 mark. Still, I'm worried and looking for some reassurance and experiences from others! Has anyone else had non-textbook hcg increases and gone on to have healthy pregnancies??

Hi all,

I'm currently 5+3 weeks pregnant. I had a blighted ovum M/C in February, so when I found out I was pregnant again (finally!) I had my doctor run some beta HCGs. My numbers didn't quite double in 72 hrs and now I'm scared :(.

10/04: 4289
10/07: 7856

I'm due to do another test thursday. From my reading, this could be normal and hcg doesn't double as quickly past the 4000 mark. Still, I'm worried and looking for some reassurance and experiences from others! Has anyone else had non-textbook hcg increases and gone on to have healthy pregnancies??

Did your dr say anything when they gave you the results? I suppose it really matters what your hcg looks like on thursday but I think those numbers look fine. Everyone is different and your numbers are going up so that's a good sign. Try not to worry too much!

HCG testing is as cause of undue stress IMO. With DS my numbers were nowhere near doubling (he's over 20mths old now) and this pregnancy the same issue with first round of testing, after some bleeding they wanted me to do another series of tests which I declined.... it was too stressful!!! I'm now 18wks.

Don't stress (easier said than done I know).

Thanks everyone! Trying not to get down too quickly, but after a miscarriage in February, it's hard not too! The dr didn't say anything about the results other than they weren't where she was hoping to see them. Going to hold on to hope for now!

Thanks everyone! Trying not to get down too quickly, but after a miscarriage in February, it's hard not too! The dr didn't say anything about the results other than they weren't where she was hoping to see them. Going to hold on to hope for now!

Keep us posted! :hugs:

Well...I don't feel out of the woods for some reason...but I feel hopeful! My third hcg test came back (5w5d) at 19054. Doubling time of 2.2days. Fingers x that it means everything is a-ok!

This same thing happened to my friend, and it turned out fine!!

Just wanted to update! I had my first scan at 8w6d. Saw a baby measuring 9w3d and a beautiful flickering heart :) Waiting to try and hear the heartbeat tomorrow at the midwives since the ultrasound technicians here (Canada) don't give you the heartrate at your scan. Looking like things are panning out ok though!

UPDATE!

I wanted to post an update to this because I know it's a topic so many women struggle with and I always wonder what happened to the women/ babies in the threads I follow!

After slow rising hcgs and being told ill likely miscarry again, I am currently 12 weeks pregnant and heard a nice strong heartbeat yesterday at the midwives. No spotting or cramping at all the entire pregnancy. Although its tough, don't put all your eggs into the hcg doubling basket...it's a guide, not hard and fast rules! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->