HCG not rising at 6 weeks?

usmcwife.em

Pet Mom
Reaction score
My sister is 6 weeks but went for blood work last week and just found out her HCG levels are not rising like they are supposed to. I looked up some info online and found results of ectopic pregnancy and miscarriages, but my question is whether anyone else went through this situation and did not have those results and ended up still being pregnant? I am scared for her. This is her first pregnancy and when she went last week the doctor said everything seemed fine and she had no concerns. So I am basically just asking if there is any possibility that she is going to still be able to carry to term or if this is a sure sign of a problem...?

How close are her levels to doubling and do you know what her levels are? They can taper off after a certain point and not double in the 48 hours anymore once they reach a certain level.

How close are her levels to doubling and do you know what her levels are? They can taper off after a certain point and not double in the 48 hours anymore once they reach a certain level.

I have no idea what her levels are, I don't think they told her. She just got a call saying her levels aren't rising so they were cancelling her ultrasound for Monday, she needed to do more blood work on Monday, and she has a dr visit Tuesday.

Unfortunately it sounds like if they cancelled the ultrasound that the levels aren't very high. There are always some positive stories to be told, but a large percentage of the time if the HCG doesn't double its not a great outcome. So sorry for your sister and will be hoping they double for her next visit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->