HCG numbers too high???

Ashley25

Reaction score
I am 5 weeks 2 days and my HCg came back today at 15,000...

Is this crazy high? If it doubles every 48 hours wouldn't that mean I would be into the 200,000s by next week??

Should I panic? Of course, I googled that it could be Down Syndrome.

What were your HCG levels and anyone who can help me? Thanks!!

Mine was 18,762 at 4w6d with my daughter. She is a healthy 18 month old now. And your hcg won't necessarily continue to double every 48 hours at this point. It slows down once it gets this high. Congratulations!

Yup as pp said your hcg levels off at about 6 weeks, so you may be close to your leveling point. I wouldn't worry about downs at this point. They chances of things being fine are much greater than someting being wrong.

Well, we are due the same day, and it looks like we both have equally high hcg's. I had over 7000 on Sunday...Also slightly worried about Downs (I am an older mom) - but all I could find was hcgs much later in the first trimester for that...Right now even an early implantation could have a huge effect, I think...

Not too high at all! Mine were 106,000 @6w1d with DS2!

This time round they were 35,733 @5w6d

hcg doubling slows down overtime. because my pregnancy is healthy/low risk, i did not ever get tests done even though i asked for them. OB nor midwife would give me either hcg or any other but on the chart in the waiting room the levels in the normal range can be drastically far apart like 5,000 to 30,000 for a single week and it would be normal.

Thanks everyone! so no ones OB told them this was a possibility? Did anyone do any of the tests for Down Syndrome?

Testing for any chromosome abnormalities is usually done between 12-19 weeks, assuming you don't decline the tests, as a standard practice. We declined them, but many people choose to do them.

Thanks everyone! so no ones OB told them this was a possibility? Did anyone do any of the tests for Down Syndrome?

I just had my NT scan and also had the blood work results today. They did not tell me what my HcG level was, just that everything was normal, and chance of DS was low. Still, it is not all going to be based on hcg. There is a formula that they use which includes the nt results, your age, and other blood levels. A high risk chance of DS is like 1:150, which if you think about it, is still pretty slim. It really is more likely that your baby is healthy rather than have a chromosome issue.

BTW, I know a lot of people opt out of the NT scan, but I loved it. Not only did I get to see my baby, but it helped me relax even more. It really helped with my anxiety. I am also getting a Level II ultrasound, and I am REALLY looking forward to that. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->