Hcg only 530!? Worried

Londongirl1

Reaction score
I had my blood tested at 4 weeks + 4 days and the result came back at 530 iu. I also experienced loss of symptoms about a few days before that - at 4 weeks I had bad nausea (no actual vomiting though and sore boobs) all of which suddenly vanished 2 days later. I only now experience very occasional small waves of nausea but nothing like what I had before and boobs are not sore at all. I have a scan booked this week but I'm just so scared that it means I'm going to have a miscarriage. We've been Ttc 2 years so this will be devastating

On their own, hcg results don't tell you anything. You need to see how much they've increased next time you have them taken. Hoping for the best for you for your scan :flower:

As the pp said, one hCG level on it's own isn't enough to go on. Especially at your gestation.

And honestly, that number is fine for 4+4. I've had lower hCG levels at your stage (200-300) and still gone on to have a healthy pregnancy. It's all in when you ovulated, when baby implanted, what your starting hCG levels were, how fast they are rising, etc. If you look up any hCG level by gestation chart, you'll see the 'normal' range is MASSIVE.

Also, on the disappearing symptoms...Stress can cause your symptoms to vanish or decrease. (Trust me. I have plenty of experience with this...) And not every one has consistent/constant symptoms anyway. Some women will have very few symptoms while others have so many, they need to be on medications to control them. Most women I think though will tell you that it's normal to feel terrible for a few days and then have a few good days and then it repeats.

I know how hard it is to relax when you have a history of infertility but try to do just that as best you can and FX the ultrasound eases your mind.

As the pp said, one hCG level on it's own isn't enough to go on. Especially at your gestation.

And honestly, that number is fine for 4+4. I've had lower hCG levels at your stage (200-300) and still gone on to have a healthy pregnancy. It's all in when you ovulated, when baby implanted, what your starting hCG levels were, how fast they are rising, etc. If you look up any hCG level by gestation chart, you'll see the 'normal' range is MASSIVE.

Also, on the disappearing symptoms...Stress can cause your symptoms to vanish or decrease. (Trust me. I have plenty of experience with this...) And not every one has consistent/constant symptoms anyway. Some women will have very few symptoms while others have so many, they need to be on medications to control them. Most women I think though will tell you that it's normal to feel terrible for a few days and then have a few good days and then it repeats.

I know how hard it is to relax when you have a history of infertility but try to do just that as best you can and FX the ultrasound eases your mind.

Thanks for your reply. Your post has made me feel better. I just hope for better clarity after the scan on Thursday

I am in my second pregnancy and I went through a very similar "scare". My levels were tested at 4 weeks and I was 429. I was having severe nausea and felt like I got run over by a truck. Then on 5w4d or so, I woke up feeling absolutely nothing. No nausea, no soreness, nothing. I was freaked out!!! I've had two scans since then (6 weeks and 8 weeks) and all is well! So hopefully all is well for you and your little sweetie too! I hope the scan helps put you at ease. :)

Its perfect look at this:

https://www.betabase.info/chart/basic/single

I am in my second pregnancy and I went through a very similar "scare". My levels were tested at 4 weeks and I was 429. I was having severe nausea and felt like I got run over by a truck. Then on 5w4d or so, I woke up feeling absolutely nothing. No nausea, no soreness, nothing. I was freaked out!!! I've had two scans since then (6 weeks and 8 weeks) and all is well! So hopefully all is well for you and your little sweetie too! I hope the scan helps put you at ease. :)

Thank you! I hope so too, but am prepared for the worst. I have my scan on Thursday

Its perfect look at this:

I'm actually 21 or 22 days PO as my cycles are short and had a positive opk on CD10 so probably ovulated on CD 11 or 12. Therefore my hcg should be 1761 or 2418. So at 530 I'm way below the average :-(

Just remember that an average is the middle number in a whole range of numbers. As I said before, I've had lower hCG levels at that same gestation and been fine. With LO, mine was right around 300 at 4+4 or 4+5. I was told by my doctor that I WOULD miscarry that pregnancy because my hCG was too low. I was extremely nervous because I'd just m/c twice in the previous 4 months, I had very few symptoms, and I was spotting at 5 weeks. Yet the ultrasound at 6+1 showed a baby with a hb and every scan after that showed LO was growing perfectly. She's now a happy, spunky, sings-at-the-drop-of-a-hat 3 year old dynamo.

Just to update you, I had some pains which felt similar to period pains then this morning I had some bleeding. I called the EPU who scanned me today but found no fetal pole or yolk so it doesn't look too good. I had my blood taken again - I'll get the results tomorrow but I think the hcg level should indicate if I'm having a miscarriage

So sorry to hear this, I know how worrying it is.

I hope all is OK :-(

I think my HCG was only like 130 at 4.something weeks with Emma.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->