HCG stuck at 30 a month later - HELP!

bostonblonde

Reaction score
Has anyone else had problems with retained tissue? My first bleeding lasted 7 days and I passed a lot of tissue. I never went back for a follow up, but I know on the day of my m/c, my hcg was only in the 300s. I thought I was all done because it ended so neatly, but I was wrong.

Just last Friday, about a month later, the bleeding started up again. :( I thought it was my AF returning, but my bloods revealed that it wasn't. My HCG is stuck in a range between 25 and 31. It keeps bobbing up and down every two days! :shrug:

I thought for sure my most recent five day bleed, which ended today, would have gotten rid of it. But my blood test today confirmed I'm still at 30!!!! Whaa??? So all that bleeding didn't make one bit of difference. This is very upsetting because I can't just move on.

I have an ultrasound tomorrow to see if they can find anything still stuck in there. I have noticed some pulling pains on my left side which are strange.

Anyone been through this?

Hello hun so sorry for your loss.
It took 6-7 weeks for my hcg to fall below 5. I had a few weeks towards the end where it bobbed up and down. The midwife at the early pregnancy clinic said that although they could not see anything on the ultra sound it just takes a tiny piece of placentral tissue to be left behind for it to create hcg. I was given the option of taking some more tablets similar to the ones I had for the medical management mmc or wait. I chose to wait and a few days later began bleeding really really heavily with cramps and clots (sorry tmi) and then my levels were below 5 a few days later.

Thanks debzie... sorry you've been through this too. I'm glad to hear your story and happy it was resolved on its own. I thought my most recent bleed would be it, but it made no difference at all. How far along were you? I was only measuring at 4-5 weeks (just a sac, no yolk) and my hcg was only in the 300s, which makes this even more frustrating and confusing.

I really hope they can find out some answers at the scan tomorrow. :(

My story is a long one. I found out I was pregnant very early and straight away started spotting first scan showed two sacs very early pregnancy ( 4 weeks) had another scan a week later sacs had grown hcg had risen into the thousands. Then started to bleed so had another scan I will have been 8-9 weeks scan showed just two sacs measuring 6 weeks again empty. So I do not know what my hcg was to start with. Just know that 4 weeks later they wee still 150+ droped down to 57 then up again the next week. Keep me posted after tomorrow. x will be thinking of you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->