• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hcg vs. heartbeat

Hoping4peanut

Reaction score
I had my first scan at 7 weeks yesterday and we saw gestational and yolk sacs as well as the little heartbeat. She said it was about .9 cm but didn't tell me heart rate. She seemed pleased with what she saw.

They took blood for the 1st time yesterday and now I have fear that they will tell me hcg levels are bad. When I said that to doc...she said...relax..you are fine...there is a heartbeat...stop reading on the internet!

Lol. So is the hcg level thing not as important past a certain point? Any insight is great.

Also, don't miscarriage rates drop a bit after seeing heartbeat?

It was exciting seeing a life inside of me. Haven't had many symptoms besides fatigue headaches and breast tenderness...no barfing. So I don't feel very preggers ya know? It is weird that something is inside of me.

Doc seemed please with the findings so trying to relax and just enjoy being pregnant. Hubby is nice and pampering me quite a bit...kind of taking advantage! Haha

Hi - I'm not sure why they even took hcg. My doctor told me at my scan on Friday that once the heartbeat was seen, it becomes the most important marker. He said miscarriage risk drops to around 5% if the heart beat is seen in week 7 so I'd say take a deep breath & enjoy that hb! It's amazing seeing it right :happydance::baby: lol.

Okay kewl. Maybe they didn't even take hcg. I actually don't know what they took. There were about 5 tubes. I don't ask a ton of questions. I figure they know what they are doing. But then I get home and I have no clue what they did..lol.

If it was your first appt., they likely took the LOAD of blood work they have do at that one - some of the things they test for from what I was told at my appt are:

HIV [you prob would have had to sign a form though]
Genetics [if you are a carrier for certain things like cystic fibrosis]
Your immunizations [chicken pox etc]
Blood Type

It's very overwhelming - I spent 30 min w/ my OB yesterday going over the next 7 months and all the appts/tests I would be doing and I felt like my head would fall off by the end from too much info. The constant fatigue doesn't help either lol.

Okay kewl. Maybe they didn't even take hcg. I actually don't know what they took. There were about 5 tubes. I don't ask a ton of questions. I figure they know what they are doing. But then I get home and I have no clue what they did..lol.

I know that hcg can be important but try not to worry if u have no cause for concern.
When I was 12 weeks with my loss we saw the heartbeat but my hcg was very very low. The hospital said if they hadn't seen my scan they would of thought how long ago did I miscarry. My low level was indication of a chromosome disorder which was triploidy.

I'm sure this won't happen to u so please don't let me worry u. I just wanted to share what I know about hcg.

If your mw isn't concerned then be positive :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"