HCG won't drop - any thoughts?

Ferry

Reaction score
This is miscarriage number 4. Sigh. It is, however, my first miscarriage since the birth of miracle DS so I'm less of a blubbering mess than usual.

However...

I don't know what's going on with my body. HCG started dropping exactly three weeks ago - I was only 5 and a half weeks. I'd been taking the IC tests every day to watch it darken and darken ... and then not darken. I had light bleeding for a week, then heavier bleeding for a week - although not quite as heavy as I was expecting. The last five days it's tailed off.

I took a pregnancy test on Sunday as I wanted to see if HCG was clear so that I could start using my ovulation strips again. It was still there, only a little lighter than it had been 7 days earlier. I took another today and it's darker.

Surely three weeks after an early miscarriage it should have disappeared? I don't have blood numbers to back it up but I have A LOT of experience with these IC tests and it's defo darker this morning.

There is no remote chance I'm pregnant again.

I've done some Googling (always dangerous) and it could be residue from a molar (I've had one of those before but I took the drugs and it cleared it all out) or... ectopic?

I have a scan and bloods Monday to see what they can see (I didn't bother going in when I started bleeding - there didn't seem much point) but right now that seems quite far away. Does anyone have any similar experience?

I just want to draw a line under this so that we can start fresh :(

Hi Ferry,

Do you know if your beta numbers were doubling?

Natalie

No - they don't usually bother doing numbers here. I hadn't even called the midwife for booking in as they don't like to see you before 8 weeks so they know it's likely to be "viable".

Only going in for a scan as I circumvented the GP system by calling the hospital directly. Depressing thing? They recognised me because I've been there so many times (for mostly crappy reasons).

That's smart. How far along should you be right now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->