he doesnt seem to need food

passengerrach

mummy to kai
Reaction score
hi i started weaning my son when he was nearly 5 months old and he still dosent seem to need food its like its surpluss to his requirements if u know what i mean he will not drop a bottle and still has a bottle every4 hours day or night it just seems like food is doing nothing he dosent need it i give him 3 meals a day and he doesnt eat hardly any of them and when he does he is sick after like iv given him to much i just dont know what to do any advise?

Hi Rach,

Try not wouldnt worry too much if he is thriving on the milk and not wanting solids there is no rule saying when he has to start, leave it for a bit, try the packets rather than the jars or tins if you do feed him solids that way you can make a little amount up from his milk and you are not wasting a whole jar each time you try, try to feed a little amount of food first first then top up with the remainder of the milk left from the feed you made up that way he gets the best of both worlds.

hope this helps.....:)

What sort of foods are you giving him/how much? Is it all foods he's rejecting or just certain types? Has he always been sick/seemed overfed after food or is this new or?

BM or formula is still the most important thing though, I wouldn't worry TOO much unless his energy level suffers, his weight is affected, etc. What about taking a break for a week or so and coming back to it? At 6 months I am sure you can still just be giving a couple mouthfuls no problem to introduce them to it??

same ... i wouldnt worry too much he is only just 6 months so maybe he wasnt quite ready for solids / didnt really need them , at 6 months you still have lots of time to get him onto solids properly at the moment it s more about getting him to try new things.
have you tried giving him the solid food before his milk feed?
once we had got to the pint of 3 meals a day i would give him the solid food first then a bottle after. he probably dosnt need the bottle every 4 hours at 6 months old maybe he is just filling up on milk too close to meal times?
like i said i wouldnt worry , just persevere keep testiong new things, if he is doing fone on mostly milk then that is fine for now :)

I agree, I wouldnt worry too much about his eating as long as he's getting what he needs from his milk.

Just keep trying him with different tastes, he'll get it in the end.

What sort of foods are you giving him/how much? Is it all foods he's rejecting or just certain types? Has he always been sick/seemed overfed after food or is this new or?

BM or formula is still the most important thing though, I wouldn't worry TOO much unless his energy level suffers, his weight is affected, etc. What about taking a break for a week or so and coming back to it? At 6 months I am sure you can still just be giving a couple mouthfuls no problem to introduce them to it??

im giving him all types of food but mainly jars he dosnt reject it he will eat it but hes not bothered about it he wouldnt care if he missed a meal at all his weight is not affected at all and hes sick nearly all the time after feeding unless i give him hardly anything but hes sick after milk aswell most of the time

I had to early wean Niamh at 17wks ready for her operation and her milk intake didn't change. In fact she still has 6 8oz bottles a day now! and is still feeding in the night! But i will say over the past 2 weeks she has been grumpy if she hasn't had a meal, prior to that she was happy with just her milk. Also Niamh has reflux and i find she is always sick after anything fruity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->