He drank contact lens solution

Lucy_lu_84

Pregnant with #2
Reaction score
What should I do. He drank water after and is now eating breakfast!

Will he b okay? It's jus a sterile solution isn't it? Should I take him to doctors later?

I feel so awful. I didn't realise the lid was off, he couldn't have got much cos I only turned my back for a few seconds! I really like such a bad mummy :-(

Whats the ingredients? As long as its just the normal solution and not the one with the peroxide or w/e in it then i think he'd be ok. I think its just saline is it not?

Ingredients: polyhexanide 0.0001%
free of chlorhexidine and thiomersal

that's all it lists on bottle

i would phone nhs direct hun

i phoned them when my son was little and ate a whole massive tub of sudocrem! they are really helpful and tell you the best course of action on the spot

Thats a disinfectant hun. I'd phone NHS direct too.

id also phone nhs direct babes :kiss:

try not to feel too bad sweetie accidents happen :hugs:

Stupid bloody phone, think they tried to call but my fone cut who ever it was off! Hope they will call back

Your not a bad mummy hun these things happen :hugs:

Lets us know what NHS direct say
xx

Okay they called back, they said unless he started being sick or becomes unwell then not to worry.
She checked out different types of solution and both have said that they are so dilute that it should be fine!

Thanks girls! I still feel awful, need to start moving things. Didn't even realise he could reach it off the cupboard

You're not a bad mummy :hugs: Amelie got into my cleaning cupboard a few days ago and squirted cleaning solution directly into her eye :cry: I rinsed it and after a few mins she was A-OK.

You need eyes in the back and side or your head don't you?!

Children get everywhere don't they. I had to get a safety gate on my kitchen because he kept on getting into the cleaning cupboard while I was cleaning
xx

Oh God. I can soooo relate.. Yesterday I went into the kitchen to put their dinner in the oven and when I got back they had unrolled the whole loo roll and shoved it down the loo and poured the shower gel in the bath! It wasnt for long. I never usually leave the bathroom door open but I just quickly ran in to the kitchen which is right next door.. Never again.. Shall be shutting the door.
Glad he is ok. Your not a bad mummy.. Kids are just crafty lol they get anywhere and everywhere lol

Children get everywhere don't they. I had to get a safety gate on my kitchen because he kept on getting into the cleaning cupboard while I was cleaning
xx

I have to have one on mine too! Chloe and Jaycee are right pains. They go into all my cupboards trying to get things out!

I have a stair gate on my kitchen door to, and keep bath room closed!
Monster!

Thanks for the kind words girls

Must be double trouble with twins :rofl: Bet they encourage eachothers naughtiness!

Must be double trouble with twins :rofl: Bet they encourage eachothers naughtiness!

Oh I couldnt describe.. By 8pm when they go to bed I want to too!

Chloe is the trouble maker.. She shows Jaycee what to do and gets her to do it.
Chloe is the eldest and I was saying to OH this morning wait til she is 8 or something and saying to Jaycee I am older than you so you have to do what I say :haha:

The things these two can get up to!

Well, if you're supposed to put it in your eyes, it can't be that dangerous!

All my kitchen cupboards open in pairs, so I can't use child latches: I fasten the handles together with strong elastic bands, which has foxed LO so far.

All my kitchen cupboards open in pairs, so I can't use child latches: I fasten the handles together with strong elastic bands, which has foxed LO so far.

That's what I do!

Glad LO is ok Lucy, these things happen and are sent to try us!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->