head and CRL measuring different weeks

porkpie1981

Reaction score
As may all know ive had bleeding on and off. Everytime i go to the hospital the baby is fine :happydance:
I finally was given my hospital notes and ive been able to get a pic of last weeks scan. Now i thought that they had put me forward to march 19th as thats what they said last week but apperently the head measurement gave me a EDD of the 19th whereas the CRL is the 25th. :hissy::hissy::hissy: This is driving me nuts as my dates are always getting changed.Do u think a weeks difference is anything to worry about?

P.S U can see the dates and measurements in the scan pic

https://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd275/secretwomenuk/blinkies/14or15weekscan.jpg

apparently from what ive read the head measurement (bpd) is more accurate than the crl.
Im sure they would have told you if it was something to worry about.

My dates keep differing by a week too but I am just going by the original one which puts me further on, prob wont make a difference but mentally its better for me!

apparently from what ive read the head measurement (bpd) is more accurate than the crl.
Im sure they would have told you if it was something to worry about.

I hope so as they put me 2 weeks back at the start of my pregnancy so i was pleased when it went 1 week forward. Just have to wait to my 20 week scan i suppose

My baby's measurements are slightly out from each other too and I don't think it's much to worry about. My dates have changed three times, but I know when I ovulated so I'm sticking with my own information.

yeah mine were like that & the midwife said with all the dates they get a estimate from them, she said when its only a few days ect its fine x

I've always been told by doctors, and have read, that the earlier the scan the more accurate later on they get less acurate for dating purposes.

Yah i wouldn't worry about it, and once you get to about 30 weeks when they do the measurements they can be off by a week or over by a week, If it is anything to worry about they will tell you. No Worries:)

What does everyone think of these measurements in terms of accuracy?

12 weeks exactly- CRL 51mm and 53.7mm on the same day....
19 weeks exactly- BPD 43mm, FL 27mm and HC 159mm

what have everyone else's measurements been? I can't find anything consistent on websites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->