Head circumference.*Update page 2*

XKatX

Reaction score
I know I have already posted about this, but I'm a bit more concerned now. At birth, his head circ was 37cm (91st percentile), at 6 weeks was only 37.1cm (which dropped it to the 25th percentile) and yesterday, at 13 weeks, it was only 38.8cm, which drops it right down to the 2nd percentile.
It doesn't seem to be growing well at all. The nurse left a message for the doctor and I was told to call back today. I just have and wa told to call again after 4 o'clock, as the people I need are out of the office.
Has anyone else had an experience like this? I'm so worried for my little boy :cry:

I don't actually have Gabbi's head circ form when she was born, don't know why, but I have the following:

2m - 36 cm
3m - 37 cm
4m - 39 cm

Now these could be wrong, after all the old nurse ,measured Gabbi at 4m at 57cm but we measured her the day after and she was 62cm!!!!

Not sure if there would be anything wrong with Oliver, in 7 weeks, his head circ grew 1.7cm. Gabbi, from 2m to 3m was only 1cm.

Chevck with the doc to put your mind at rest and let us know how you get on xx

good luck, im sure he is fine.

I'm sure Oliver is fine hun, keep us updated though x

I'm sure he's fine hun. I've had so much needless worry in the past with things that have turned out to be fine. xxx

just looking at lillys red book, as i remember the clinic mentioned hers, at birth it was 37 and at 10 weeks was 38 so in first 3 months didnt grow that well but they only mentioned it never said anything else, she is now 10 and half months and it is 45 and they rekon thats fine im sure he will just catch up like lilly did, xxxxx

sorry hun, she was 45 last time i got her weighed she was 9 months then sounds to me like they where both the same size at the same ages xxxx

I think different bits just grow at different rates. Alasdair's HC was always big on our scans but his is just below 50th percentile now. Did you catch the Dr?

I think different bits just grow at different rates. Alasdair's HC was always big on our scans but his is just below 50th percentile now. Did you catch the Dr?
No. The nurse forgot to see the doctor that day and he was off yesterday :hissy:. So I have to call back this afternoon.

that sucks, hope you catch him today, it must be driving you nuts not being able to speak to him!

Well, I finally spoke to my doc. He said he's really not concerned, as his head is growing. I just need to get it checked during weigh in and make sure it keeps on growing. That nurse didn't half put the frighteners on me!
Thanks for your support girls!

Glad that he is ok.
Stupid nurses, they do my head in sometimes.
The main thing is that Oliver is ok though. Bless him

Well, I finally spoke to my doc. He said he's really not concerned, as his head is growing. I just need to get it checked during weigh in and make sure it keeps on growing. That nurse didn't half put the frighteners on me!
Thanks for your support girls!

oh hunni glad all is well, sometimes they over react about stuff that is just not nessacary silly nurse. they was never really concerned about lillys and they never said anything at her last weighing either, he will catch up dont worry, lilly has, xx

they did this to me but vise versa. at the start for archie and it was cus they measured day or 2 after birth and his head was still squashed from the forceps so then by the next time it looked like it seemed like hes head had grown loads when infact it hadnt it was jus cus hes head was squahed at birth. xx glad evertyhing ok hun xx

So glad everything's ok! Sam has never had his head circumference checked - it was only measured when he was born! Is this something they usually do as a standard check? I've taken him to the clinic to be weighed loads, but they've never measured anything else! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->