Head circumference.*Update page 2*

So glad everything's ok! Sam has never had his head circumference checked - it was only measured when he was born! Is this something they usually do as a standard check? I've taken him to the clinic to be weighed loads, but they've never measured anything else! x

It was measured when he was born, then at his 6 week check. Becaus eit hadn't grown, they then checked it another 6 weeks later. This is when the problems started! I've got to admit that I googled it. Bad mummy! I was thinking allsorts. I really must stick by our rule - though shalt not google!!!!

they offer to do it almost everytime I take Ally to be weighed!

It's so silly how some health professionals can make such a big deal out of something and it's really not a big deal at all! One of our Drs (they job share) said Alasdair head circumference (being slightly below 50th percentile) and the rest of him being between 75th and 91st was a concern. The other Dr said that it was just how he was!

Glad everything is okay :)

So glad everything's ok! Sam has never had his head circumference checked - it was only measured when he was born! Is this something they usually do as a standard check? I've taken him to the clinic to be weighed loads, but they've never measured anything else! x

It was measured when he was born, then at his 6 week check. Becaus eit hadn't grown, they then checked it another 6 weeks later. This is when the problems started! I've got to admit that I googled it. Bad mummy! I was thinking allsorts. I really must stick by our rule - though shalt not google!!!!

:lol: It's so hard not to though isn't it?! I google everything, knowing that I'll find something terrible whether it's relevant or not!

they offer to do it almost everytime I take Ally to be weighed!

It's so silly how some health professionals can make such a big deal out of something and it's really not a big deal at all! One of our Drs (they job share) said Alasdair head circumference (being slightly below 50th percentile) and the rest of him being between 75th and 91st was a concern. The other Dr said that it was just how he was!

Glad everything is okay :)

It's weird that they seem to do different things in different areas - Sam's length wasn't even measured at birth, and still hasn't even been either! What's the point in the HVs panicking so much if they seem over/underweight when they have no length to compare it to?! :lol: x

it's a bit crazy about his length! I'd want to know I think, do you do it at home?

Apparently we are really short of health visitors at our health visiting team but they still find time to do the measurements and stuff. A bunch of them are students though...maybe that explains why they're so thorough!

Hi Kat,

Thomas' head was 37cm at birth too, and on 9th December it was 38.8. It's not been measured since though. I'm sure it is nothing to worry about though, some babies have massive heads and they grow into them, I'm sure it is the same thing the other way round.
:hug::hug:

it's a bit crazy about his length! I'd want to know I think, do you do it at home?

Apparently we are really short of health visitors at our health visiting team but they still find time to do the measurements and stuff. A bunch of them are students though...maybe that explains why they're so thorough!

I've measured him a couple of times, probably not very accurately! We know 3 other boys exactly the same age though and they're all pretty much the same height and weight so I'm not too worried. It's never that busy at our clinic though, so I don't think it's that they don't have the time! Maybe they'd measure if they were concerned about his weight :shrug: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->