Head engagment...

What do you mean :shrug:

Engagement doesn't mean all that much. Loads of women go into labour unengaged. Amelie was only 3/5 when I was close to transition so :shrug: Even if you're at brim, all it takes is a few contractions to make you fully engaged.
& Just because you're very engaged doesn't mean your baby is coming asap.

no i mean which way does it work.. i read 1/5th is the one before fully, then i read 4/5ths is....

depends what your notes say. 1/5 palpable is the same as 4/5 engaged lol. Palpable means how much of your babys head is felt ABOVE the pelvis. Engaged is how much head is in pelvis. My MW measures in palpable so my notes say 4/5.

my notes say pp - 4/5th.. i asked how far down she was and she said babys head will only engage so much before labour, and i asked how much izzy was and she did the same measurement..n

sounds like your only 1/5th engaged,
im at 3/5th engaged or 2/5th PP so my baby is futher down into my pelvis than yours but my second didnt get this far till i was well in labour lol

PP means presenting part so 5/5 is fully engaged. If she wrote PP 4/5 then I am inclined to think you're 1/5 engaged :shrug:

Yup as above, on Sunday I was 4/5 palpable, now I'm 2/5 palpable which means im 3/5 engaged.

its soooo confusing lol... she was under the impression i may well not make it to my 38 week appointment.

right im gunna be a pain in the ass lol..

it says...

Palpation. Fundles- 33.5, PP= ceph 4/5, Lie long...

this is why they shouldnt give me my notes lol

Yeah, she's 1/5 engaged and head down. All good signs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->