Headaches

MummyKP

Reaction score
Has anyone else started getting bad headaches towards the end of pregnancy? I woke early with one this morning, which lasted around 5 hours. It eased off during the day, but came back around 5:30pm & I still have it now at 10pm. I'm aware headaches can be a sign of pre eclampsia so I am wary and trying to monitor it. I think I'll see how I go tomorrow, if it continues then I'll call my dr & see what he says. Any experiences of this?

Hi there,

Aren't they horrible?!

I started with a headache last week Monday that I put down to dehydration as it had been a warm day and I'd been running some errands in the afternoon. Its still hanging around and actually notched up to a migraine on Wednesday.

The headache combined with higher BP meant they admitted me for monitoring overnight on Wednesday. I don't have pre eclampsia though!!

Its worth getting checked out. I think mine has been brought on by stress, I've recently had a falling out with someone I had thought was a good friend, so I'm trying to manage my stress.

Another thing that has been suggested is to get my eyes tested.

They told me to look out for pain in the top of my bump, light disturbances in my eyes and extreme swelling as additional warning signs of pre eclampsia.

Hope you don't have this and your headache goes for you soon. Mine has been hanging around for a week and is starting to drive me nuts x

Thanks babydust for the reply, I'm glad you were ok & no signs of pre eclampsia, it's so scary!

My headache was pretty intense last night, I went to bed with it, slept through the WHOLE night (I haven't done that for a long time!!) until 6:45am. I woke up feeling much better as yesterday I felt tired, exhausted, & groggy alongside my headache. Today no signs of any of that so I'm feeling relieved. Thanks again :) I hope your headache eases for you soon x

Glad your feeling better :)

I had this yesterday where I woke up about 5am with a headache and thought i'll try sleeping it off before work but when I woke up at 7am it was still there thumping away and it made me feel sick but by the afternoon luckily it had eased off and hasn't returned fingers crossed it won't

It's awful isn't it penguin?! Mine was horrible. I used to suffer with headaches but yesterday's has got to be one of the worse ones I've had. Glad yours eased off & hasn't returned :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->