Headphones for an almost two year old

MrsC10

Mummy
Reaction score
We're heading off on holiday at the end of July. My LO will be a month short of two years old.
I'm looking for a pair of headphones for the plane so that she can watch her cartoons. Anyone have any recommendations?

We got a kiddie pair from Sainsbury's. They have a built in volume limitator so that they can't listen to loud volumes and they are the type that sit over the ears on a headband. Think they were £15, we have had them two years and they are still going strong.

I just had a look on Amazon and picked some that had good reviews. I can't remember now what they were, but there is also a good article rating a bunch if you google 'best headphones for kids' or something like that. It was recommended to me to get volume limiting ones, which we did. But if you plan to only really use them on the plane, I might not because my daughter really couldn't hear through them (nor could we) with all the background noise from the flight. We had to download an app that overrides the volume limiting feature just to use them! If you plan to use them more regularly at home and other times when not traveling, then I would opt for the volume limiting ones though to be on the safe side.

At that age, depending on where you're going, you may find lots of other ways to entertain her too. We first flew when our daughter was that age and short haul. Books, colouring, lots of snacks kept her entertained and she fell asleep too. More recently (at 4.5) we flew long haul (11 hours) and having a tablet with videos and games was a lifesaver sad she barely slept at all!

I just had a look on Amazon and picked some that had good reviews. I can't remember now what they were, but there is also a good article rating a bunch if you google 'best headphones for kids' or something like that. It was recommended to me to get volume limiting ones, which we did. But if you plan to only really use them on the plane, I might not because my daughter really couldn't hear through them (nor could we) with all the background noise from the flight. We had to download an app that overrides the volume limiting feature just to use them! If you plan to use them more regularly at home and other times when not traveling, then I would opt for the volume limiting ones though to be on the safe side.

At that age, depending on where you're going, you may find lots of other ways to entertain her too. We first flew when our daughter was that age and short haul. Books, colouring, lots of snacks kept her entertained and she fell asleep too. More recently (at 4.5) we flew long haul (11 hours) and having a tablet with videos and games was a lifesaver sad she barely slept at all!

Thank you. I've already got a bunch of other activities lined up for her. It's only a two hour flight so we've got colouring books, sticker books, story books, snacks and such like already planned. The ipad with cartoons is a last resort as I know she'll sit and watch it if she starts to get bored or upset.

Definitely go with something like this:
https://www.argos.co.uk/product/4829366

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back