Health in pregnancy grant

lesleyann

Mummy
Reaction score
Has anyone actually got the money for this yet ? if not does anyone know when they should start paying it out ?

When I put in for mine - which seems like ages ago, my midwife said not to expect it before the end of May and I'm due the end of May - so much for health in pregnancy - it will be almost over by then!!!

i went to my miwife last week and asked. she aid nobody will be gettingany money till end of april. she'd also ran out of forms, so we have to go back next week to see if she has any. heard so manybad things about this.

xXx

I was told they arn't making any payments out untill after the beginning of may!

Hmm, so my baby will be born by the time I get the money... super! Oh well, as long as I get it!

I was told sometime after beginning of May to due to the backlog, although there must be some people that will get it in April.

I think once its fully up and running mums to be will get the money as soon as they send form off but as its only starting from Monday I guess it will take a while for them to get through everyone that has claimed since January !

They cant pay any funds out until the new tax year, they will start with the back log first i'd imagine but it shouldnt be too long till we get them! xx

when you ring the helpline it says that no one is getting any money til may! :shock: they will start sorting through the applications after 6th april apparently and then start making payments after that.

I posted mine ages ago like 6 weeks ago, did anyone get a confirmation letter or anything like that? ive heard nothing xx

My midwife told me when I got the form that you can only get one form and wrote down the date she gave it to me and the form number in my maternity notes. I sent the form recorded delivery and Royal Mail have lost it :hissy::hissy: As the form has no actual value all I'll get is the postage cost back despite the fact them losing it means I'll lose out on £190 :hissy:

i posted mine in jan not had anything back at all, winding me up as cud do with the money for wen baby is here so we can get more clothes as sick of buying cream n white as we dont no wot we are having so annoying that they are not paying out till may

Jan - March mums will get paid first in April, then everyone else. Just been on the site, until tax year they can't do anything, defeats all of us with Early EDD 6th april onwards to have money in last 2 months of pregnancy! BUT I suppose they have to start somewhere, and it's money we weren't going to have...

Jan - March mums will get paid first in April, then everyone else. Just been on the site, until tax year they can't do anything, defeats all of us with Early EDD 6th april onwards to have money in last 2 months of pregnancy! BUT I suppose they have to start somewhere, and it's money we weren't going to have...

I agree its got to start somewhere. Personally Im not to concerned if I get the money in April, May or even July !!! Its money that I wouldn't otherwise be getting and Id rather wait than miss out on it like the mums who were due just before the 6th April.

My mid wife still hasn't given me the form x x x

I was supposed to get my form last week but saw a different midwife again who said my own midwife had all the forms locked away in her case which was with her! I am back at midwife in 4 weeks and should get the form then.

I was told that there will be a backlog and that the forms won't be sorted out until the start of the new tax year which is tomorrow! As long as I get the money then fine but I'm not due until June.

I was told by my MW I have to get my form off my OB consultant!! news to me but I see him on Tuesday so will make sure I get it, we will get the money its just going to take them time to get through the backlog, take care :hugs: XX

I was quite shocked 'cause I'd forgotten all about this, but then when I went to see my MW the other day (who wasn't the one I've normally seen), she just filled in the form and handed it to me, telling me all about it.

I think after they've handed out all the current forms floating around that's it too 'cause they've run out, which is a shame for people who don't already have them and need them.

I personally think it's a rubbish idea that hasn't really been implemented very well, much like the Winter Fuel Allowance for Senior Citizens - even the Queen is entitled to claim that, so it therefore means that these grants go to anyone, even those with vast amounts of money who don't really need it... I'm not so sure that's fair, and the money could be used for better things probably.
I myself won't be applying for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->