Healthy diets, tips needed

shazney22

Reaction score
Can anyone please give me any tips on how to lay my hands off junk food at this time of the year? It is so hard keeping healthy when there is sooo much tasty junk food for xmas :dohh: I need more willpower!

Put it off til New Year? :blush: Probably not that helpful but I'm not sure it's possible to diet around Christmas!

Overall though I recommend just calorie counting.

Put it off til New Year? :blush: Probably not that helpful but I'm not sure it's possible to diet around Christmas!

Overall though I recommend just calorie counting.

Haha news years resolution thats what I was thinking lol tsk tsk, :haha: That is the thing when I eat healthy I just realised I am not getting the recommended calories, its so hard, so I am trying to find a happy medium which proves impossible sometimes.

Are you trying to lose weight? And by recommended calories do you mean 2000? Because that's a rough estimate that for many people is a little too high. You can work out your calorific needs by first working out your BMR which is based on your height and weight, and then figuring how many calories you burn. For example today I've not even left the house and for my height and weight I've only burnt about 1500 calories.

I find the best way to avoid the junk is to simply not buy it. Hard I know but if its not there then I'm not tempted to stuff my face with it.

I'm currently trying to lose weight and just got myself a fitbit flex wrist band. Its really good so far but the scales will soon tell when I weigh myself tomorrow. Works out everything for you and encourages you to be more active. I couldn't recommend it enough.

Are you trying to lose weight? And by recommended calories do you mean 2000? Because that's a rough estimate that for many people is a little too high. You can work out your calorific needs by first working out your BMR which is based on your height and weight, and then figuring how many calories you burn. For example today I've not even left the house and for my height and weight I've only burnt about 1500 calories.

No not trying to lose weight, just trying to eat healthy as not eating healthy makes me feel rubbish.

Add greens & raw veggies to your diet, those are very low in calories, full of vits & are so filling, start by including a salad to your diet every day, experiment with green leaves & veggies, add raw nuts & seeds (chia, sesame, flax) to your salads with a home made dressing. A soup is also nice on cold days. Veggies Smoothies & juices (with some fruits to sweeten them) are also good for a kick, they taste good you can add a super food greens powder to it.

The key with eating healthy is adding healthy food to your diet, once you do your cravings will start to go under control.

I was obsessed about my weight earlier, I used to calorie count, I tried all diets you can think of, now I eat clean, I have energy all day, I lost 2 kgs without trying to lose weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->