Hear we go again

smurff

Mummy to Emily and Harry
Reaction score
Hi, my dd is autistic, I've posted many times on hear about our Princess but now it looks like her brother will need testing. Just as we have our daughter all settled, she's signed off from Paediatric help, her tax meetings are stopping and every thing is going great. Can't believe we are going all the way back to square one for our little man. He is 4 and started school in September, it was pretty clear from the start he was struggling. He has no concentration at all. Can't read or write, I could show him a certain colour for 10 mins and tell him what it is then 2 mins later he wouldn't have a clue. He get wound up so easily, if he doesn't get something straight away he'll walk away and not try. He actually spit at another child cause he didn't understand something and he was mad he was made to sit on the carpet. He always gives different versions of events, he's not lying he just can't remember things correctly. He has lots of friends and likes school, he's very caring and loving. The school have been great and are adjusting his teaching. His dad, grandad aunt and uncle are dyslexic so I think that is what he has got.

That was meant to say her tac meetings are stopping, not her tax meetings!

How is he generally? Is he one of the older or younger in the class? Can he concentrate on other things that don’t centre around focused learning? It doesn’t particularly sound like dyslexia have school said that’s what they think? It doesn’t overly sound like autism either though? Maybe he’s just struggling with the work so becoming frustrated and doesn’t really know how to regulate his emotions yet? That can be quite typical at 4 especially if he’s a younger 4. Either way sorry your going through it all again. We had it all with DS when he started school I know it’s very frustrating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->