Heart palpitations and breathless

Natty_babez

Alexa-Jayne & Daisy-Mae
Reaction score
Hi

I'll be 24 weeks pregnant on Friday and for the last few weeks I've noticed I am getting really breathless sometimes struggling to catch my breath and over the last 2 weeks have noticed heart palpitations. They can get worse at night like right now I'm in bed (not on my back) and can feel my heart beating in my throat and sometimes it feels as thought my heart is beating out my chest and every other beat is really strong.

I never had this with my little girl so it's all new to me so was wondering if this was normal and what it could be ?

Xxx

I'm 24 weeks and experiencing the same thing. I do have borderline high blood pressure and blood sugar issues... So I'm not sure if it's related to that or something else. I'll be bringing it up at my appointment next week for sure though.

As far as I know my blood pressure is ok now but I don't see my midwife now until I'm 28 weeks she did say I could book in earlier if I wanted to but I don't want to waste an appointment if it's completely normal.

Xxx

Well, I will tell you what my midwife says if it isn't related to BP or blood sugar. LOL. Hopefully it's nothing major.

I will say that when one went to my regular doctor a couple weeks back for vertigo (that I'm sure was related to a pinched nerve, though nobody will confirm that) she said that dizziness and such is common at this point in the pregnancy. Something about the blood volume being at its peak, and the vascular system being more dilated at this time... (Perhaps that would play a part in the breathlessness and heart sensations.) Or that's what I think she said anyway. I just wanted to get my prescription for Diclegis so I could stop puking. :p

I definitely get shortness of breath too! Especially when I do anything physical or when it's super hot out, but I've even noticed it happen sometimes when I just like laying in bed. I'm not sure about the heart palpitations, I'd give your doctor a ring just to confer with them and make sure it's nothing to worry about.

Thanks ladies it's good to know others have a similar problem to I feel so unfit all I have to do is go upstairs and get my little girl out the bath and I'm out of breath eek

Xxx

Me too.
I said it to my Dr today.
But I think its the heat and extra blood flow
She agreed.
But was getting my thyroid checked too
In case I'm over medicated at the mo.

My doctor said high levels of progesterone can give you heart palpitations.
https://www.livestrong.com/article/524086-progesterone-heart-palpitations/

BUT I have low blood pressure and every time I eat I think my blood rushes to my tummy and I feel faint. After almost every meal! It's annoying. I have to put my head down on my desk when I'm at work. I wish there was a bed in my office:haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->