Heartbeat not going up?

Well, I got bored at work again (I really need to seek treatment for this lol) and did an abdominal ultrasound and all I saw was a black sac-looking object with nothing it in. Which freaked me out because for the past almost 3 weeks now an abdominal ultrasound was showing a baby. So of course I did another vaginal ultrasound and baby popped up immediately. I think what I saw was a chunk of blood in my uterus or something. Anyways, baby's heart rate is now 144-148. So in two days it went up 15 bpm :) I am very happy with that. I also got bored and used the fetal doppler and although I couldn't hear the HB, it did keep putting up a number in the 140-153 range. So I think it worked. I ordered my own doppler for home use so I can stop with these darn ultrasounds.

Great news on the ultrasound! (Seriously, I am totally with you, I'd be doing them every day, too!!! We'd be terrible colleagues hogging the machines... :rofl:)

Just a warning on the Doppler, though. If you couldn't hear the heartbeat then the machine won't have, either. It will have been counting other sounds. I have a Doppler and when I use it I mostly ignore the numbers on the machine. Only later, when the heartbeat is very strong and clear do the numbers give an accurate reading. Mostly, I just count and look at my watch to know how fast the heart is beating. I do find it incredibly reassuring when I find the heartbeat. :cloud9: I don't find it every time but I tell myself: yesterday, the heartbeat was good so there's no reason to believe there's been a problem in the past 24h. So I try again later. To be honest, you're still a bit early to use a Doppler but if you don't find the heartbeat you have great backup machinery!

Great news on the ultrasound! (Seriously, I am totally with you, I'd be doing them every day, too!!! We'd be terrible colleagues hogging the machines... :rofl:)

Just a warning on the Doppler, though. If you couldn't hear the heartbeat then the machine won't have, either. It will have been counting other sounds. I have a Doppler and when I use it I mostly ignore the numbers on the machine. Only later, when the heartbeat is very strong and clear do the numbers give an accurate reading. Mostly, I just count and look at my watch to know how fast the heart is beating. I do find it incredibly reassuring when I find the heartbeat. :cloud9: I don't find it every time but I tell myself: yesterday, the heartbeat was good so there's no reason to believe there's been a problem in the past 24h. So I try again later. To be honest, you're still a bit early to use a Doppler but if you don't find the heartbeat you have great backup machinery!

See this Doppler is weird. When the Doppler picks up my heartbeat loud and clear, it doesn't give a heart rate. But when I move the wand away, all the sudden my heart rate will pop up, yet I can't hear anything. I am pretty sure it's on the verge of breaking lol. Now I will say I had the volume barely up because I sneak off with it in a patient room to try because my coworkers think this pregnancy is making me lose my mind as it is lol. I did not turn the volume up loud at all because I was trying to be quiet. But from what I could hear.... Well, nothing at all lol. Who knows!

Sweetie, it's too early for the Doppler! You're not even eight weeks along, right? It depends on the Doppler but I didn't find a heartbeat until 8.5 weeks (I hold the hand piece to my ear while I move the wand) but this is not my first pregnancy so my womb is probably popping out earlier. With my son I found the heartbeat with the same Doppler at 10+2 right by my pubic bone. Take a deep breath and walk away from the Doppler!

You're probably right lol I do not remember how many weeks I was when I wrote that and I am feeling too lethargic to go look haha. I know I was 8 weeks at least though. But no clue haha. I need to go lay down before work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->