Heartbeat seen & heard at 6+1!

PeppersCastle

Reaction score
I'm so excited about this it's unreal :happydance:

The u/s lady put me back 4 days but she also said it's not hugely accurate this early on. Last scan was 8 days ago, only thing we could see was the yolk.

Scan today showed a baby (looks like a little seahorse) and a little flickering, the heartbeat! She was able to pick up the sound too. I asked her if she was sure the noise wasn't MY heartbeat and she laughed and said, "no, that's definitely your babies!". So we saw the baby, the heartbeat, and heard the heartbeat too! :happydance:

She didn't tell me how many bpm the heartbeat was so I could look at the old wives tales (although I have a strong feeling this baby is a boy, and constant dreams where it's a boy). The baby is measuring 6mm though :)

I just can't believe we heard the heartbeat. It sounded so strong. I didn't know we'd be able to hear it that early.

Sadly the receptionist and one of the male u/s techs were awful. Receptionist was hanging out in a male u/s techs room, gave me attitude when she finally got to the desk. Male u/s tech was too busy flirting with her while we were leaving and he crashed straight into me. No apology offered. So the clinic will be getting a complaint about the pair of them. But luckily the u/s tech I had was really lovely :)

What great news!!! Congratulations, it's such an overwhelming feeling the first time...

It's so overwhelming.. I'll get my SO to take a picture on his phone so I can post it.. You can actually see the baby! Can't believe it..

I wish I could get an u/s that early! I can't get one until 12 week unless something is wrong. I was looking at the 3d u/s placed but there are none in my state. I am seriously considering going out of state to get a 3D u/s. It would make me feel so much better to hear the heart beat!

I had booked a private scan, they do those from 5 weeks in the UK but they're pretty pricey here (mine was £80).. if I did it the NHS way I wouldn't see the baby until 12 weeks, but I was panicking too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->