Heartburn = lots of hair.... was it true for you???

pinkpassion

3dd/5inHeaven/familycomplete
Reaction score
My best friend just had her baby, the last 8 weeks or so of her pregnancy she experienced severe heartburn that couldn't be relieved with anything... we laughed and said baby will have a ton of hair.. laughing because we were having fun with old wives tales.... however she was born with the longest thickest brown hair I've ever seen on a baby.. so beautiful!!!! Now when telling my friends who've had babies they say it was true for them, no heartburn= bald baby, heartburn= lots of hair.... now I'm conducting a study, was it true for you?? This will be my first baby and I hope he or she has a ton of hair!!!!!!

I didn't haven't have heartburn with DS1 at all and he was as bald as an egg so it was true for me. I assumed it was an old wives tale but I have to say it's amazing how many people I know who it is correct for, I don't understand what would be the scientific case for it though. I've had a little bit of heartburn this time, not much, so will be interesting to see if DS2 has a little tuft lol.

That is interesting... you'll have to come back and keep it updated!! Congrats on two boys ت

i had no heartburn at all, and my baby came out with a full head of hair, so nope, not true in my case.

I had no heartburn at all and my daughter came out with a thick mop of dark hair, so nope, not true for me either xx

I had severe, constant heartburn and acid reflux radiating from my toenails to my sinus cavity the whole 9 months. I lived off milk and Zantac to get 1-3 hours of sleep a night. Marin has some thin dark hair, but definitely not a full head or long locks.

I wish it were true so at least there would be some payoff for my discomfort, but nope!

I had no heartburn whatsoever and DD had so much thick dark hair - not just on her head either :haha: A friend who was pregnant at the same time as me had such bad heartburn she could have mainlined gaviscon but her bub was bald as a coot when he was born.... x

Wasn't true for me either. I didn't have severe heartburn but I did have a good bit and my little guy was bald as can be!! :) He looked like a little old man!!! :haha: Now with my second little guy on the way I'll say my heartburn is worse this time around so we'll have to see how much hair he has as well. Considering my older son is 2.5 and is just now finally getting a full head of hair, I'm not counting on anything. LOL

I seem to be going against the grain but was true for me! I had really bad heartburn and my daughter had thick dark hair when she was born.
But I'm pretty sure there is no reasoning for it, just coincidence, we'll see how it goes with baby number 2 lol!

I had terrible heartburn and both my kids had heads full of thick hair.

I didn't have heartburn AT ALL during my first and second pregnancy and my babies had a decent amount of hair -- they definitely weren't bald! I have had heart burn during this pregnancy, so it will be interesting to see if he has more or less hair than they did. :lol:

I had really bad heartburn with my first and would carry a bottle of mylanta as well as chews every where I went and he was as bald as anything. It is much much worse this time but I am not counting on him having hair either lol so nope wasn't true for me the first time.

Had heartburn with my son and he had a head full of dark brown hair.....it ended up all falling out around 4-5 months old and came back light blonde, thick and curly! It's just now turning into a dirty blonde/light brown now, but SO THICK and CURLY!

I had horrific heartburn - chomped my way through endless rennies! He had some hair, but by no means a lot.

I had heartburn all through the third tri with my last pregnancy and Olivia came out looking like a baby monkey, she even had hairy ears :haha:

This time my heartburn has been raging since about 6 weeks so god knows what this one will look like....a yak maybe???

I blame my husband, he's furry from head to toe :dohh:

they did a study on it and like 93% of woman with heartburn has hair babies

2nd son I had it bad, he didn't have much hair on his head but had a fair bit of hair all on his body, he looked like a little monkey :)

I had heartburn all through the third tri with my last pregnancy and Olivia came out looking like a baby monkey, she even had hairy ears :haha:

This time my heartburn has been raging since about 6 weeks so god knows what this one will look like....a yak maybe???

I blame my husband, he's furry from head to toe :dohh:
Hahahahaha! This made me lol!
My DS2 looked like a monkey too with hair in ears as well. I'm glad it went away in time though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->