Heartburn = lots of hair.... was it true for you???

I had so much heartburn with my daughter and yep it was true for me! She was born with a full head of hair!

Yes! True for me! I had appalling heartburn and my dd came out with huge amounts of hair. I had never heard the theory before and one of the midwives said to my husband "Ooh did your wife have bad heartburn?" and he said yes but why do you ask, so she told him the theory. I checked it out weeks later and it turns out a hospital in New York did a study to try and disprove it, but actually ended up proving it as true!! (In the majority of cases).
I also have bad heartburn with this one at only 23+ weeks so we'll see if its true again ;) x

True for my third baby, It was the worse heartburn, and baby had a big mop of black hair. I didn't have any heartburn whatsoever on my last baby, and he had loads of hair too.

not really true for me had loads of heartburn from 24 weeks and was fully expecting a hairy baby (I was born with a massive mop of thick jet black hair!) and nope she had some hair but not lots x

I had heartburn almost all the way through my last pregnancy and baby was born with a little hair, it all fell out within days though there wasn't much if it at all. This preg I'm the same with awful heartburn.

Increased progesterone increases heartburn chances. Which is why some people say it's a sign you're having a boy! This could be another old wives take however.

Well I had NO heartburn until I hit 30 weeks, then it was full fledge bad...and on the ultrasound you can see long hair strands and the fuzz showing it's gonna be a lot, so I say true. And my mom had no heartburn at all with me and I was bald as anything

I had constant heartburn from like week 9 on that progressed to really bad reflux in third trimester. My son was born with a full head of dark hair that hasn't fallen out yet at almost 8 weeks old. I was a little annoyed that all the people saying he'd have hair while I was pregnant turned out to be right, but he's so cute with his fuzzy head, I don't care too much!

Nope, I think it's a total old wives tale - and definitely wasn't true for my little boy, he was born with a tiny amount of hair, then as bald as an egg for a while there :haha:

I would guess the reason for heartburn while pregnant is that your insides have less room than they usually would, causing everything to be pushed a little further up.

yeeeeeeppp. my boy has quite a bit of hair and omg the heartburn was crazy. funny how the minute he was born my heartburn/indigestion disappeared!

I've only had what I think is heartburn a handful of times so far. But I'm sure our baby will be born with a bit of hair as we both was born with bit of dark hair :) will be interesting to see!

All three of my kids were born with heads full of hair. I didn't have any heartburn with my girls, but had some with my son. I've already gotten some with this baby

I had bad heartburn and my son didnt have loads of hair but he wasnt bald. i am suffering so bad this time but i dont think it has anything to do with baby having hair or not. i like the old wives tales though they are fun x

Its been true for me.

Oldest 2 = no heartburn = born with no hair. My youngest = crazy heartburn = born with loads of hair.

xx

This wives tale has actually been proven to be scientifically true. Heartburn produces a hormone that encourages hair growth in a baby. Can't remember the exact name though, but it is true.

true for me too my son was born with lots of hair and a hairy body ... this time ive been suffering as well will see if its true in March

Oh yeh I had horrendous heart burn first time round!!

And she had so much curly hair!

My best friend just had her baby, the last 8 weeks or so of her pregnancy she experienced severe heartburn that couldn't be relieved with anything... we laughed and said baby will have a ton of hair.. laughing because we were having fun with old wives tales.... however she was born with the longest thickest brown hair I've ever seen on a baby.. so beautiful!!!! Now when telling my friends who've had babies they say it was true for them, no heartburn= bald baby, heartburn= lots of hair.... now I'm conducting a study, was it true for you?? This will be my first baby and I hope he or she has a ton of hair!!!!!!

my doc says its actually true as lots of hair relies some sort of hormone or make you produce more of something and that is what give more heartburn...
i myself thought it to be old wives tail

Not true for me. Both girls born with a full head of hair and I had heartburn maybe 5 times each pregnancy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->