Heartburn = lots of hair.... was it true for you???

I get heartburn occasionally and was told at my last growth scan that he had hair. We could see fuzz around his head on the screen! I don't know what it'll be like when he comes out though, so I will have to let you know!

It wasn't true for me. I had awful heartburn and DS was born completely bald. He stayed that way until he was six months lol.

I had horrible, horrible heart burn with my son and he was born with a full head of hair. I had a scan at 34 weeks and you could see it bobbing around in the amniotic fluid. LOL I was a bit surprised as I was a baldy as a baby but I think DH had hair.

I am having horrible heart burn with this one already (I've had bad heart burn every night since ovulation...not even kidding) so it will be interesting to see if this one is hairy as well.

How does the amount of hair physically effect the woman? Does hair growth cause some kind of enzyme to be released that leads to excess stomach acid?...... probably not.

I had a bit if heartburn with both of my children who had a bit of hair when they are born. Its probably one of those things were people look back and think "oh yeah, I had heartburn and my baby has hair".

Any poll would be inaccurate as there would be more people who would decide to open the forum poll and respond who had both heartburn and a hairy baby.

True for me; my wee lassie has lots of fair hair :)

I agree that there realistically is not a correlation between heart burn and hair. I just thought it was funny that I had heart burn so terribly and my son had a mop of hair. In the photos it can be hard to see though as he was very blonde.

I had terrible heartburn that just got worse until I had no relief. Even took a while to go after I had given birth. My DD was born with a little bit of hair.

I think it has been true for me and my sister.

I had no heartburn with baby 1, and he was mostly bald with a tiny peach fuzz. This pregnancy I have such severe heartburn, and DH's whole family were born with tons of hair. So I am suspecting baby 2 will have a lot of hair. Will be interesting to see.

My sister had heartburn too and her daughter was born with thick, gorgeous hair. I LOVE babies with hair! :)

How does the amount of hair physically effect the woman? Does hair growth cause some kind of enzyme to be released that leads to excess stomach acid?...... probably not.

I had a bit if heartburn with both of my children who had a bit of hair when they are born. Its probably one of those things were people look back and think "oh yeah, I had heartburn and my baby has hair".

Any poll would be inaccurate as there would be more people who would decide to open the forum poll and respond who had both heartburn and a hairy baby.

FYI ...
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/17150070/

Wow... Thanks Ruth, thats quite interesting!!!

FYI ...
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/17150070/

Fantastic!!! I love it when people actually go and prove/disprove this kind of thing.

wow, that is a really interesting find. I would never have suspected that. If that is true, then this baby is going to come out with hair long enough to braid! lol

I had quite bad heartburn in the 3rd tri of my last pregnancy and he had quite a bit of hair, quite dark as well.
this time the bad heartburn started in the 2nd I have a little over 12 weeks before my due date, it dose make me wonder whether this baby will have more hair. but finding hard to think how much more as my little one had quite a bit of hair.

I had zero heartburn and DD had the most hair on a newborn that most of the nurses had ever seen!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 1
O my goodness, I haven't ever seen that much hair on a baby lol!!! I hope mine comes out like that ; )!!!!

Roma, your little girl looks just like my youngest did when she came out lol. Head fulla hair!

I had what I thought was bad heartburn with dd and she had a full head of black hair, this time the heartburn is actually unbearable.......will have to update you all in April , all being well .......I'm thinking more hair for this baby lol

My best friend just had her baby, the last 8 weeks or so of her pregnancy she experienced severe heartburn that couldn't be relieved with anything... we laughed and said baby will have a ton of hair.. laughing because we were having fun with old wives tales.... however she was born with the longest thickest brown hair I've ever seen on a baby.. so beautiful!!!! Now when telling my friends who've had babies they say it was true for them, no heartburn= bald baby, heartburn= lots of hair.... now I'm conducting a study, was it true for you?? This will be my first baby and I hope he or she has a ton of hair!!!!!!

For me it was completely true. My first 3 I had terrible heart burn at the end and they all had crazy full heads of hair, my last pg very little heart burn and he had very little hair. So far I am doing very well with no heart burn, I am hoping that it stays that way, I would love to have a bald baby!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->