Heartburn - Myth!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by khartnett, Oct 7, 2008.

1. khartnett

khartnett Well-Known Member

Hello girls, I am soooooooooooooooo bored at work so thought id send a pointless post lol

I have had loads of heartburn with the pregnancy and everyone at work keeps saying the baby is going to have loads of hair (heartburn myth). I didn’t have any heartburn when I was pregnant with my first and my daughter was practically bald with a wisp of hair until she was 18 months bless her! Lol

For those that have already had babies or whos friends have had heartburn did the babies have lots of hair?

From a VERY BORED Kasey xx

2. pictureperfect

pictureperfect Well-Known Member

My sis-in-law had bad heartburn and suffers with reflux, her little boy was born with a fine head of hair x

P.S I'm bored too!!!!

3. danni2609

danni2609 Guest

I had it abit first preg and she had lots of dark hair having it more this time so i think this babys gonna be an ape!!LOL

4. jonnanne3

jonnanne3 Our miracle is HERE!

It is a myth! I had horrible heartburn with my son (who is now 15) and when he came out, he was as bald as his own behind!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl: With the exception of a little teeny tiny patch on the very back of his head.
    I hope your baby has tons of hair, but I have to say this is a BIG myth!

5. khartnett

khartnett Well-Known Member

6. paula85

paula85 very proud mammy to 3!

Think its an old wifes tale but i did have ALOT of heartburn with my son and he had a mop of black hair lol, just part of the joys of pregancy lol x

7. aurora32

aurora32 Mum to my Angels

I had really bad heart burn with all 4 of my pregnancies and this one is proving to be the same and mine all had hardly any light blonde whispy hair. so think was definately was a myth on my part

:hug:

8. mummymadness

mummymadness Mummy to 4

I wondered about that myth too , Never had heartburn with layla she didnt have much , Neither with finnley , Just a little patch lol .
    This one i have real bad heartburn allot !! , So i wondered if it was true too :) . xx .

9. trishk

trishk Guest

its a myth. On my first i used to cry the heartburn was that bad and when ryan was born he had a little bit of hair but not much.

10. enigma

enigma mum of 3 nearly 4.

I had bad heartburn with all mine and they was all born with loads of hair.
    It is a myth though, you get heartburn because of everything being pushed up.

11. Raqual24

Raqual24 Well-Known Member

I read somewhere that what causes heartburn is an excess of estrogen (which probably causes eosophagus muscles to relax etc) but that the excess estrogen in your system can cause your baby to grow extra hair. I think estrogen is a female hormone which contols luscious hair, nails etc?
    But at the end of the day every pregnancy is different. I havent seen 2 the same.

12. helen1234

helen1234 Well-Known Member

i had really bad heartburn with my 1st and she was bald till she was 3 1/2 and then only had a few blonde curls,

so i think its a myth, i don't understand how can a few strands of hair effect acid reflux?, its pressure on the stomach sending stomach acid up the gullet, thats why its worse when you lie down.

lotsa a gaviscon lol
    xx

13. Vickie

Vickie Hannah & Rhys <3

I had tons of heartburn and Hannah has hair but I don't know if its loads of hair

14. Neecee

Neecee Guest

My friend had it real bad with her second son and he came out with an afro the Jackson's would be proud of!

15. o0oCharlieo0o

o0oCharlieo0o Well-Known Member

i had TERRIBLE heartburn with my first, i was waking in the night with acid pouring up my throat and anything, god i hated it! and he was born with a FULL head of THICK black hair!!! iv had heart burn this time but so far nowhere nearrr as bad as last time, i hope it dont get like it did with brendan lol

16. Janisdkh

Janisdkh Well-Known Member

Every one of my babies had a full head of black fluffy hair. Alot! I have never had heart burn.

17. MrsP

MrsP Mummy to Eleanor & Henry

I've had loads of heartburn and that's what people keep telling me too.

My mum had bad HB with me and I had a full head of heair when I was born, maybe a coinsidence.

18. keldac

keldac 3 mc, 1 angel and 3 lc

I know it's an old wives tale but....

I had terrible hartburn with all my pregnancies and they ALL had loads of hair!

Not had any heartburn yet so it musn't have grown any yet! :rofl:

19. sue08

sue08 Well-Known Member

I had severe heartburn with my daugher and she had a full head of hair