Heartburn

golcarlilly

Proud mum of 2
Reaction score
I have terrible heartburn on and off all day and night, I have been taking rennies but find that the allowed 6 a day just aren't enough, I drink milk when I can't take anymore but it doesn't really work!, has anyone else found anything else that works or works better please? It doesn't seem to matter what I eat I get it :hissy:

One word!

GAVISCON!!!

You can take it during pregnancy, nigh on impossible to overdose adn it works instantaneously....well near as damn it! Get the liquid, not the tabs.

Hope you feel better soon hun. I get it all the time and it's the only thing that works for me! :hugs:

I used to take that in my last pg but I hate the taste!! the liquid makes me feel sicker than the heartburn - unless they have different flavours now? it used to be aniseed :sick:

The peppermint one is ok. I would try that as it works. Try eating a mint straight after...tends to get rid of the funny texture.

I will give it a go, thanks for your help :hugs:I have just been round the office on a scrounge for Rennies cos I have run out AGAIN!!

Have you tried Tums? If I can't get hold of Gaviscon they can sometimes help too.

I have to agree with Aimee-Lou...the peppermint Gaviscon really does help with my heartburn!! It still isnt the tastiest of stuff but its far better than the normal Gaviscon!!

No i haven't tried those, didn't know if they were ok in pg? tbh I have just stuck with the rennie cos they are what I normally take but they are just not cutting it anymore!!

peppermint gaviscon is the only answer i have to i am afraid, but it is better than the aniseed one honestly! i rember it from last time round to and yuk!! xx

One of my friends found that eating a little bit of fresh pineapple really helped her, she found that the usual remedies didn't work and sometimes actually made it worse. Also she had to learn to sleep sitting up with a v-shape pillow and a neck pillow.

I have read that about pineapple but doesn't seem to work for me! sleeping propped up more does help though

One of my friends found that eating a little bit of fresh pineapple really helped her, she found that the usual remedies didn't work and sometimes actually made it worse. Also she had to learn to sleep sitting up with a v-shape pillow and a neck pillow.

Oooh actually I heard about pineapple helping heartburn the other day!!

Try Gaviscon Cool sucking tablets. I hate the taste of liquid gaviscon too. :hug:

I agree Gaviscon is foul but does help.Try storing it in the fridge as the extra coldness also helps I find.Plus Tums .My doctor also advised me to put a house brick under my pillow!!! lol im yet to try that one !haha .Ive been getting heartburn loadsssssss lately - not fun x

I've been getting bad heartburn to, but assumed I couldn't take anything!!! Right going off to chemist now and buying EVERYTHING:rofl:

Thanks for posting this!

I have been using Gaviscon for ages now and it helps a lot. I have found nothing that gets rid of it totally for me though. I have it on and off all day every day now. Never heard that about pineapple but i will certainly be giving it a go! Thanks girls x x x

hi sweetie... Lyns recommended eating melon to me when my heartburn kicked in.
Worth a try xxx

I am also a really bad heartburn sufferer so much so that the acid from my stomach burnt the lining from my pipes the doc then prescribed me ranitadine which stops my stomach producing the acid so no more heartburn. Unless. I forget to take it. So I can definitely sympathize with all the other sufferers out there

You can get gaviscon tablets too which wouldn't taste as bad, but I'm not sure if they're as quick acting. I'm hoping to get my midwife to prescribe me gaviscon when I go in a couple of weeks because you can get it on prescription!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->