Heartburn

GAVISCON DOUBLE ACTION!!!!

I can't stand the liquid - either of them and it makes me feel nauseous. Tums, rennie and normal gaviscon tablet and sod all help.
The only things that work for me are gaviscon double action tablets - they ROCK!!!!!!

You can get gaviscon tablets too which wouldn't taste as bad, but I'm not sure if they're as quick acting. I'm hoping to get my midwife to prescribe me gaviscon when I go in a couple of weeks because you can get it on prescription!

Wish i'd realised this! I have spent a freaking FORTUNE on Gaviscon and rennies! I will be asking at my appointment on wednesday! Thanks x x x

I bought windeze which deals with trapped wind and heartburn apparantly but it tastes awful and has at times actually made me sick so wouldn't recommend that. BUT I have a box of plain simple milk of magnesia tablets and two of them and my heartburn is usually sorted. Definately recommend them and way cheaper than most branded remedies.

I'm using papaya enzyme from holland and barrett, dont taste too bad and work pretty well. I've had what i feel is chronic heartburn for about 10 weeks but also find sucking a mint can offer short term relief when times are desperate x

https://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=378

An apple. I hate heartburn!!! I have tried everything else and an apple works for me...and quickly. Hope it works for you.

I know it's already been mentioned girls but please don't go spending loads on Gaviscon!!! You can get it free on prescription with yr maternity exemption card xxx

I find fruit gives me heartburn more often than not!!

I bought some gaviscon peppermint yesterday and it worked really well, got some tablets as well but the texture of them is horrible :sick: they get stuck in your teeth! I am going to keep them in my bag for when I am out and about. Also gonna get some milk of magnesia and try the papaya enzyme too - I like the idea of a more natural remedy!

Thanks so much girls :hugs:

I find fruit gives me heartburn more often than not!!

I bought some gaviscon peppermint yesterday and it worked really well, got some tablets as well but the texture of them is horrible :sick: they get stuck in your teeth! I am going to keep them in my bag for when I am out and about. Also gonna get some milk of magnesia and try the papaya enzyme too - I like the idea of a more natural remedy!

Thanks so much girls :hugs:

I got the tablets for when I was at a wedding last week & yes they do get stuck in yr teeth!!! Very annoying!!

I cant stand the taste of any of the tablets and liquid remedies make me throw up! I've found what works wonders for me is 2 of the love heart sweets. it was my mum who suggested them to my sister and then to me. My sister agreed they worked and i tried them and have been using them to stop it since 1st tri as they work really well! Dunno if its maybe placebo but anything is worth a go and its 50p for a 4 pack.

And they're yummy!!! Might have to get some of them!! Congrats on 3rd tri Amy!

OOh I love love hearts!! I wonder if the have milk of magnesia in, I am gonna try and look up the ingredients - or failing that I will just have to buy a packet LOL

List of ingredients in Love Hearts:
Sugar, acidity regulators (malic acid, tartaric acid), sodium bicarbonate, stearic acid, modified starch, E470b, anti-caking agent (magnesium carbonate), flavourings, colours (E100, E104, E110, E122, E124, E129, E132), elderberry extract

List of ingredients in rennies:
Each tablet contains:
Calcium carbonate 680mg
Magnesium carbonate - heavy 80mg

Looks like the magnesium carbonate could be a factor?

Love hearts here I come :happydance:

(what would we do without google I wonder?!!!)

I live on Gaviscon now, and even tho the taste isn't great, its better than permanent heartburn. I've had it since day 1 and Reenies stopped working after about 2 weeks My MW has given me a prescription too. The good thing is, its for Gaviscon Advance (which is thinker) which you can't buy off the shelf and i'm finding i don't need it as much as the other one. The taste sson goes if i have a polo o rdrink straight after ( i couldn't bare the tablets either) :)

:lol: you must have a baby with a lot of hair!!!! :lol: at least that is the old wives tale right?!

Sorry I am not too much help :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->