Heavy lifting??

Munchkin30

1 DD,2 losses, Pregnant!!
Reaction score
Hey all,

I am 8+2 and have a 2 year old dd. With her I was so careful not to lift too much but I seem to spend my life carrying her and heavy bags and lugging her big pushchair in and out of our 4x4 (high up!).
I'm now starting up get twinges in my back and tummy and I'm worrying if I could be causing real damage.
Does anyone know if you can damage the baby by heavy lifting? I had a mmc at 12 weeks in July so I'm particularly nervous!

Xx

Hi munchkin i think you dont have anything to worry about, i still carry and would babywear my two year old, ive also dragged my four year old up two flights of stairs when he is being naughty! Dont go overboard and do more than your body is accustomed to, you were pickng up your dd while falling pregnant, so its still fine now.
I did ask my mw btw because i cycle both kids in a bike that had a large wooden box on the front, and she said the same, the only concern she has is not to the baby but for your aches cos your lifaments are looser and stretching etc you may be more likely to fall.

I carry my DD whos nearly 2, and I think aslong as you don't push yourself to struggle you should be fine. Anything your body is used to carrying I think is ok x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->