Height/length measurements??

charliebear

Mum to AJ & Pumpkin
Reaction score
Does anyone else not have any height/length measurements for their LO??

Is it easy to do yourself??

AJ has never been measured?? :dohh: He seems to be a long baby.
I'm going to ask at baby clinic on Monday - seems like it's just my area :hissy:

They don't measure in London anymore either. We asked but they said it wasn't the done thing. We tried to measure ourselves with a DIY tape....we think she was about 53 cm!
The HV said to do measure top of head to heel so that's the way we tried it.

I wish they still gave you measurements, it feels funny not to know.

Good luck.

x

iv not got any yet doubt i will either i wish they did though it would be nice to know

Gabbi gets measured everytime she goes for a checkup. We always double check the length when we get home as the nurse as an old village lady who maybe needs new glasses!! They have a box they put her in, head up to the top and there's a measure on the side of the box. She puts a piece of wood at her feet and measures from there. But she got it wrong once, well either that or Gabbi had a major growth spurt! She went from growing approx 1 cm each month to growing 6 cm!! Now nursey said only 1 cm but we measured her when we got home, in fact we checked it 4 or 5 times and sure enough, the ruler said 62 cm NOT 57!!!!!!! Erm bit different.

ANYWAY, waffle waffle, we lay her on the floor, put a book at the top of her head, measure down to her heel, this is the measurement. Just do it yourself. I printed out a table so I cna chart her growth, you could also print out a percentile chart, just for your records. I love seeing her monthly growth. You could also do her head circumference.

Oh weird, I never heard of anyone not measuring at check ups. All of the boys get measured everytime and plotted on the growth charts lol. Easiest is by laying them down and stretch them out and mark the spots then move them and measure between

I'd never heard of it never being done before either mummyof3co.

Think I will try and measure him myself.

Thanks for the replys girls. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"