Hello 1st trimester, need some help :-/

mummystheword

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I am returning to BnB, I was a regular when having my DS 3 yrs ago. I am 4+5 weeks now and having a bit of a rough time. Basically I have been on antidepressants and off work for the past few months due anxiety and depression. The first antidepressants didn't suit me and was put on fluoxetine. As it was always our plan to have another baby when DS was around 4 (if we could) I decided to gradually come off the antidepressants and see how I felt before we tried for a baby (I was on BC pill). So I gradually stopped the antidepressants and I felt fine with lots to look forward to trying for a baby and the future in general. My period (whilst on BC) was 5 days early and I didn't think much about it and thought well we would be trying soon anyway, I then started taking the next packet from when I should have the following weds. When I was due my period then, I had no symptoms, no sore boobs, hardly any cramps and took a test when it didn't show up. And there it was, a BFP totally not expected really! (This was on Sunday). Yesterday I went back to work for the first time and seemed fine but today as I was getting ready to go to work I started to panic and feel incredibly stressed again which made me worry it wasn't good because I was pregnant and it was a vicious cycle. I phoned my manager who is really understanding, and she said not to worry about going into work but she would meet me if I felt up to it later this afternoon. I don't mean to moan at all and feel so lucky to be pregnant! But I'm worried that because things have happened so soon and I wanted to see if I needed to go back on the antidepressants, that it will come back or I will be so stressed that something bad will happen 😓 or could it be hormones? I'm just a mess today!! 😢😢

If you manage to get to the bottom of that post, thank you for sticking with it! Didn't realise it was so long!! 😄

It could be hormones causing increased anxiety, but I'd call ur Dr and get some meds. There are meds that are safe to take while pregnant. Buspar is for anxiety and it's a category B drug so should be safe to take during pregnancy per my Dr.

Hi i can relate to this i have been off work for 4 weeks with anxiety. i am now taking antidepressants and feeling better already after a week on them. Definately speak to your gp and see what they advise. Sorry you are going through this it sucks xx

Thank you ladies, I think I will make an appointment to see my GP, I am just so all over the place at the minute I don't know whether it's hormones or what? I feel better knowing that I'm not alone though 😊 x x x

I'm glad it helps knowing you aren't alone. It's such a tough time with the worrying, even when it's happy news, so it's definitely good to know there are people out there!

I have depression and anxiety but off my medication for the pregnancy. I've been lucky though that I have people to talk to and know that there are things in place if needed.

x

I have a friend who gets extra depressed during pregnancies. She takes Zoloft, which is supposed to be one of the safest. Even without massive changes happening in your body, sometimes a dosage adjustment is needed. Whether it is hormones or not, you might still want to make some lifestyle adjustments, whether that means counseling, or finding activities to help you de-stress, or increased medication management. You deserve to have better moods.

I was super stressed, had major anxiety and always seemed depressed and/or hateful for the first few weeks of my pregnancy. I felt so unattached from my baby and the pregnancy and was super moody, always biting my SO's head off and annoyed with everything. It was horrible. At 10 weeks it finally eased of THANK GOODNESS. I know my SO is relieved! Hang in there! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->